Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Wow - better late than never! Covid, Montreal, Quebec City !

 So my blog is always on my "todo" list and I haven't done a darn thing for 11 days!  Latest scoop: We've been home from Canada for 8 days and we got home 6/18 at 9pm and got to spend Father's Day the next day at our son Chris' house with a group of 8.  It was almost 100 degrees in MiniSnowda (NOT) so we got Jersey Mike's subs and they were delicious. Granddaughter Lucy gave me a lesson on how to "fashion" eyebrows:
Then on to the next drama!  4 days ago on Wednesday Ross had a cough and stuffy nose and since we were to host our FAB6 group last night (Saturday June 25) I recommended he do the home test for Covid - positive!  Mine was negative.  So last night I had a cough and a little headache during the night but I got up and did my 3.3 mile park walk and then midafternoon did a COVID test - positive - crappo!  So here we are!  Ross called his Dr. the day after and got the Paxlovid (pill to prevent severe problems in "old people" or those with some health problems).  I'll call tomorrow so we'll see if I "qualify" and I don't feel like I need it.
A few pictures:
Chris and Amy's 26th anniversary today and he had just finished law school, no good job yet but they wanted to get married in the 20th century so 1999 it was!!!  And we had a Schultz reunion at our house in 2005 and baby Alex was popular!  Four generations here!

So to finish up Canada - as we are now planning our next 4 trips so gotta get up to date!  OK it's January 2023 catching up.  This is a maple syrup farm in Canada to boil the syrup. Shelf life of maple syrup will last years if not opened.  And my brother Kent makes great maple syrup in Ulen, MN!


Montmorency Falls 150 feet higher than Niagara Falls; cable car ride.
Ross lost hearing aid at lunch at Chateau Vaudereuil at Montmerency falls but it was found and brought back on the bus!!!  Amazing.

The guides were dressed in beautiful fancy costumes!

Every time I see a rainbow anywhere in the world I see it as a good sign!



And we made it to the last stop in Canada - Quebec City!
We got to stay in a pretty fancy historicl hotel "up the hill" from the waterfront. Tour & history of our hotel; famous visitors Madonna, Paul McCartney and others 30 min and rest of day free.  Took funicular to port to catch ferry to Levis (island) 12” ride; ferry runs q 30 minutes on the dot.  





This is an actual real painting on a huge building - wow!












I called these the "butt guys" and Ross is one of them.  All of them watching the ferry leave the port - 6 guys!

Hmmm - be careful as you could slip on ice if it runs off the roof of this building.



No comments:

Post a Comment