Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Life is moving at high speed!!!!

 Busy times as always so it's time to catch up!
First - arrived home from Canada trip on June 18 and planned to have dinner guests on June 25 so decided to do a home covid test 22 June to be cautious - ugh - Ross positive, me negative, then 3 days later I'm positive and of course we had cancelled our dinner and rescheduled - fingers crossed!!!  Two lines ain't good!!!  We both took antivirals for 5 days and no side effects and we are doing great!

And the "kids" asked if we could keep up the July 3 family tradition to have grilled dinner at our house and then go to the fireworks at Bloomington Fete as it's "ringing in the 4th" on the eve of the 4th of July.  Of course it was cancelled the last 2 years due to covid crap.
And it was as awesome as always and packed with joyful patriotic people!
This is granddaughter Lucy with her light up cowboy hat - I'm pretty jealous!

It was a perfectly beautiful night and good weather and not hot and sweaty and a few thousand people there so of course it took close to an hour to leave the parking ramp at 11pm as usual and seriously the park is a 6 minute drive from our house but we didn't want to walk 2 miles in the dark!

The Two Mrs. Jones ladies who fingers crossed still are beating cancer.

I told Alex and Lucy that I would probably get rid of the 360s but they were NOT happy with that idea and we have had them at least 10 years so I guess they'll just stay in our garage if they are entertaining even to teenagers.
Family bbq and son Chris does all the cooking and grilling and food prep - how awesome is that?
Got this text from grandson Alex and it is so sweet and of course we were overjoyed to have him and his friend come over and do odd jobs for us a couple times in the last week.
First off - dead tree in our sideyard and they got it down and chopped it up and bagged it - woohoo!



And I looked out as they were bagging the dead tree brances and saw them staring down the street - yup it was a goose parade down our street which we see pretty often.
And next day on my park week this beautiful deer stopped and stared at me and I stopped and let the deer have the right of way!
Next up Alex and his buddy back and they hauled up a few of our back deck chairs from the basement.  Thank goodness as we all know Ross and I are 75 and 79 years old and do not want to fall on the steps as we would rather be on a plane to anywhere!
Next up they offered to detail my car and of course I didn't have a clue what that meant but they drove off to his friend's house as his dad has all the detailing stuff and a couple hours later my close to 6 year old car was back and looked like a brand new car - wowie kazowie!

So of course we are planning trips and booking flights and no we are not crazy but we do have a few trips booked and in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment