So we go to Ireland for a couple weeks and got an invitation to my nephew's wedding a day after we get back and will have to drive 250 miles to my brother's hobby farm in Ulen MN - we did it.
This is a picture of Garrett as a teenager and he is now 33 years old, a chiropractor in Fargo and we were lucky to have him around quite often went he was in chiropractic school near our home. Like a little phone call "Are you guys around for supper tonight?" - of course - we are always around for guests.
So Minnesota is definitely prairie and driving home after the wedding I could see wind turbines all over the place, lots of crops growing and lots of prairie and at least 20 dead racoons hit by car and probably 10 baby deer! The wildlife population in MN is pretty full!It's relaxing to look out the window while driving and look at the pictures but I have never lost my love for skyscrapers, big city life, and traffic and airplane noise. And I grew up on the family tiny farm "up north".
Nephew Garrett and Carmyn - met her before and she had travelled to Ireland with some girlfriends and I told her to keep it up as I have the Globetrotting Grannies trip up in October for Paris and I have travelled with girlfriends my whole life - and of course much more with Ross!!! We now have 53 countries visited!!!
My brother's quonset on the farm and yes it was fully decorated and held about 150 people and very good buffet dinner food.
In case you get lost the signs were very clear on the farm!
Always fun to meet up with niece Molly and the 4 girls and they had matching dresses and are so sweet and fun. I always feel very fortunate and lucky to have such a great family - of course maybe a little goofy, not perfect but in my eyes I couldn't ask for better.
Ceremony done - back down the grass aisle they go!
Background is my brother's farm and he is not a farmer but loves the country. He's actually an IT guy but now retired.
Nephew Garrett, Ross and I in front of what else but a 1960s VW with a canoe on the top.
My brother Kent and wife Karen who hosted the wedding and they are all gussied up and did have a lot of work to do to prep for the wedding.
Nephew Corey and one of his fun cars.
And the hometown of Ulen which is named after one of the first settlers from Norway - Ole Ulen.
Little stop in Hitterdal - love the water tower and the post office is from the 1800s.
And our hotel view in Hawley Minnesota - a few crops growing, a gravel road and a few tractors and grain bins in the background. Quite different from our hotels around the world while on our travels.






















No comments:
Post a Comment