On the news! The new COVID Delta variant - blah blah blah - thankful we have our vaccines but so wish everyone was on the same page with that!
What's coming up in our lives:
Our annual Jolly Fisherman Resort family reunion trip - started in 2009 and my mom said "Do this every year even after I'm dead" - she always spoke the truth! And she died in April 2010 and I know she's watching over us:) How can you not like this place - the "guys" love fishing - ALL DAY LONG.
Fingers crossed that this next trip is a go as we leave October 2 for Krakow meeting our travel friends from Pennsylvania and ending up in Berlin. We've been both places on our own but I must say we always learn a lot more on the tours and we are well taken care of which is good "at our age".
First year 2009 - my mom listening carefully to 1.5 year old Lucy (now 13 years old) I'm sure telling her something important.
Alex and Chris - fishing buddies forever.
On my walk today - we have had much needed 1.8 inches of rain in the last 3 days and it does help with the drought so I did my 3 mile humid walk to the Japanese Garden and the waterfalls is going good.
Another park walk and I bought this "water bottle" some time ago as it fits easily in my pocket, purse or walking neck bag. So lots of people have said are you sure that's not vodka? IT IS NOT and I don't like vodka so I'm thinking white wine would be good?
And the fantastic park is 2 blocks from our house and I see the same people all the time. I had this shirt on one day and this "old guy" who walks every day said "I ate a whole cake like that". Me: "On the 4th of July?" In my brain I'm trying not to giggle wondering if he wants to lick my shirt - probably NOT!
We have many deer in our park and they have crossed my path a few times the last week or so. This was a few days ago and yesterday one was I think an 8 point buck. I do come from a deer hunting family so I can count the point pretty well.
Daughter in law Amy set up a shopping/ice cream day with the 3 Jones ladies right after my new haircut. How fun it was and how lucky I am.So the "kids bedroom" now has a vacant spot after our crib went to some good friends and we had it passed down from a nurse friend 16+ years ago. Italian made and still in excellent condition.
Pretty surely nearly 2 dozen little kids have used this crib and yes we have a lot of company at our house!
Haircut with my new hairdresser who I've known for years as she worked in the place where my hairdresser Kim cut my hair for 25 years!
This was the big floppy mess right before my appointment.
And a year ago today with our family dinner I remember how excited I was to have a little hair on my head. Wow - what a couple of years it has been for me and many others.
And my next cancer followup 3 month appointment is Sept 14 and I try not to get stressed but it is a normal reaction had by all who have been through it.















No comments:
Post a Comment