Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Fun Times in New Normal!!!

One of my best friends Beth who graduated with me in 1964 in Red Lake Falls, MN asked if we had room for them for a couple nights.  They are from Bemidji and Phoenix (in the winter).  Of course I do and we had so much fun with Beth and Jer - Ross and Jer are best buddies too after all these years and even giggle as we get the giggles over all kinds of things.  What a great support system and husband we have who also are caregivers when needed!
We have a few pictures like this and of course had to take another and we call it the "Standoff".  We've been told we look a little like twins!
Love the gift of toe jam from them.  So I google toe jam and it is "debris between the toes which can also contain fungus - this does not!
My farmhouse and I had most of the sleepovers for my high school friends and my parents were always fine with it.  I guess that's why we always have people staying at our house for visits - no problem no worries!
I had a "muumuu" on that my mom sewed which she also would sew for my friends.  How did she have time with farm work, chickens, 4 kids and my grandparents to care for?????  And none of us ever got hurt at our house even jumping in the haymow - amazing!
On the right is my friend Beth and it looks as if she is directing the "dancers".
And another "standoff" picture and I admit I have quite a few old photos of me with "the look" like "Don't mess with her!"
Two years ago and the last time we were together at our house when we hosted my 55 year class reunion and Beth takes care of all the details and I provide the house - works perfect!
I think this is 5 years ago and "cheers" time on our deck.
So - that's the weekly wrap and it sounds like we might have visitors in a week or so and then the end of August for a week and our annual Jolly Fisherman family reunion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment