Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day, Hair Progress, Good Friends and Flowers!!! Life is Good!

What a year it has been!  Chris texted today to see if they could "pop in" for a visit - always open to that and normally we would be out in a restaurant or cooking outside!  Lucy, Amy, Chris, Alex, Ross:
 A year ago in a fun and good restaurant in Minneapolis!  Not happening this year as not much open for indoor dining, COVID still around, unrest in the city and all over the world!
So remember when!!!  I came out of surgery on December 4 and had betadine stains on my hair - lots of hair and lots of yellow that had to fall out to get rid of it!
 About a month ago and not a sign of hair but everyone says  I have a really smooth nice-shaped head; someone else said "Are you Charlie Brown?" - yup I could be!
 About 3 weeks or so later:
 And just 3 days later and it's longer again today - woohoo I am more than ready and my eyelashes and eybrows and slowly returning and dark brown.
 Park walk with my friend Donna - walk 45" talk 75" after the walk and it was so good to see a buddy face to face.
 I had 3 leftover fortune cookies and I opened one, loved it, opened the second, love it and then decided to leave the last one and not jinx my good luck.
 And a couple days ago a Bible study friend dropped this off.  What could be better for healing than lots of caramel and a little wine to top it off!
 My deck which is usually full of company - family and friends - at least has some really nice flowers that we can enjoy until we can open up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment