Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Return of hair!!! Parks and memories!!! Life is good

So I'm always gently rubbing my head and this week it felt "different" so I had Ross check to see if it looked like hair.  I asked him to take a picture and he said it looks pretty white - well that should be no big surprise since I've had white hair for decades!  And the last 2 days and overnight I'm gently touching my eyebrows - it's a possibility along with the eyelashes returning!  Today is 45 days after finishing chemo for my ovarian cancer.
 This was last October so I wonder how long it would take my hair to get that long and thick again or if I might just say Faget bout it and take the short way👩
 I've been doing good with exercise and it helps the foot/leg neuropathy a lot!  So this Mr. Turkey definitely figured he had the right of way and I wasn't going to argue.
 I love our local parks and the best one is 2 blocks from our house and is huge so I can take a few different paths.  This particular one is about a mile up the road so I drive there and walk around Normandale Lake - lots of walkers and I ran into a church friend.


 So in one of our daily church devotions our pastor said to go outside and look all around and see what God has created.   Hmmm - I'm walking the park and see the signs and other beauty of nature things and I see a $bill so I thought hmmmm - somebody dropped it.  I looked closer and yup it's a million dollar bill.  I chose not to pick it up in case I was under security surveillance!!!
 Next up - the Hyland Ski Jump where they have international competition in the winter. 
 And my walk today and the canoe, kayak and ski rental on Hyland Lake is open for rentals for the first time this year.  There are 3 different lakes in the Park Reserve right by our house and we are very lucky.
 So looking back 10 years ago this month - daughter-in-law Amy finished her last radiation after the brain tumor and she is our Miracle Girl for sure.
 And sweet Little Alex is now 15 and passed his driver's permit test - hard to believe but true.
 Five years ago when he turned 10 he chose Washington DC as his 10 year old birthday trip and what a coincidence that the pilot was also named Alex.  Wonderful memories from that trip for sure.
 And lunch in DC - Alex says "Remember what happens with Grammy stays with Grammy" - no problem with ice cream for breakfast or lunch.
 And we did a "fancy" dinner at a restaurant overlooking a DC airport and since it was a celebration and we had reservations we got a window seat and could watch the planes land.
So enough for now - but I feel like I am blessed and doing very well and hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment