Pages

Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day and Stuff!!

Today is Friday 14 February 2020 - Valentine's Day and I had chemo #3 on Monday so 4 days out and I "think" it went better than the previous 2 or else I am just used to it and am now halfway through the 6.  Good news is that my CA125 cancer marker went down again so I want it to keep plunging!!!  Also immune system blood counts (white, red, neutrophil blood cells) went down from the chemo attacking not only the cancer cells but the cells we need!!!  I'm being super careful about germs.  And after the lab draw right before chemo I was .1 below the parameter to have chemo but Dr. A said "go for it" thank goodness!!!  And after meeting with the genetic counselor my BRCA1 and 2 genes were negative so that makes it much better for my kids inheriting the bad genes!!!  Since it was free for research and they offered to test 24 plus another 50 genes I gave them the go-ahead. 
I got this sticker from daughter-in-law Amy and it's the color of the Ovarian Cancer Awareness stuff.
So heading to chemo last Monday after 7 inches of snow on Sunday this was as we left the house and on facebook I called it "The House on the Hill" - well, guess what song stuck in my head for 4 days - "there's a house on the hill, and a girl in the house, on the hill on the way to Bimbombay - jingaling a lay ayyyy"....etc!!! That was after having niece Molly and family here for the weekend and I got up Saturday morning the song stuck in my brain was "I wanna hippopotamus for Christmas...."  and that's all I could remember of the words so of course the 4 grandnieces knew the words!
And as a retired registered dietitian I know this is not a good choice for lunch but I figure if I have to have chemo and the crud that goes with it this will be on my room tray!  And all my friends say "Go for it".
And since it was Valentine's week a volunteer group at the cancer clinic made these sweet gift bags with candy, mints and a note for everyone having chemo.  As I looked at the note I see "Alpha Phi" which happens to be the sorority Amy is and was part of.
And the chemo pole!  And daughter Jenny says maybe I could do pole dancing - ummmmm....probably not a good choice as I might bust through the window or get put in a strait jacket.
Still doing the Brain Games and I got 37 out of 39 and could not find the last 2 until today - 4 days later but I still say I got an A!  Starting:
Ending and yes I make notes to myself.  It is an excellent way to pass time while sitting about 7 hours in a "chemo chair".
Day after chemo and our doorbell rings in the morning - not super early though - and it's a Bible study friend dropping off some toffee corn as she hears me talk about all the caramel corn I am eating.
Good time as this is the caramel corn I had left before she delivered the tin with my name on it.
I looked at all the birthday cards for Ross from the grandnieces and I just had to take a picture of the notes as they are so heartwarming and awesome.
Girl #2 is so "ecsided" - love it!


So on to today February 14 and as usualy I get a very awesome card from Ross and of course I did not get out to get one for him.  However at the 2nd look I see Happy Valentine's Day SonπŸ˜†πŸ˜ but it was a super card and he said he read all the layers of the card and "missed one word". 
 2nd page:
 3rd page:
 And the final message which is correct - I have not changed and still don't do what I'm told - yup totally correct but not 100% of the time.
And I keep forgetting to put these in my notes.  When we went out for the Jones boys birthdays these were the signs on the bathroom doors in the restaurant/meat/craft bar!  It took me a while to think about it but I think I get the drift!!!  πŸ˜„


No comments:

Post a Comment