7 inches of snow today made a beautiful glowing white day -ugh! However our weekend guests were niece Molly, Josh and the four girls ages 10,8,6,4 - Lily, Claire, Hazel and Ruby and it was a super duper weekend. Since I was up to cooking dinner I asked ahead what they would like - answer "duh?" - so all the kids who have dinner at our house want the same thing: Grammy Dee's roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and only a couple bites were left.
The Beanie group and Ross for his birthday photo. When he asked them how old we was first answer was 39, then "ummm maybe 60?". Ross was so happy to take either of them since the actual age now is 77. Holy cow, time flies! And it's nice I have a pile of really cute crocheted beanies thanks to daughter Jenny and a few freebies from the cancer center.
The Beanie Girl Crew - hard to tell who loves who more and they are ready to come back for a visit next month - yippee skippee!!!And of course you must have the "goofy family" photo:
And Molly stocks me up with my favorite medication - Fleet Farm red licorice but really called "Old Fashioned Twist". I eat a couple every night and I know it keeps me fit!
Sweet birthday cards from each of the girls. We are so lucky.
This is summer 1984 and my dad and Molly. My brother died from leukemia when Molly was about 6 months old and I really do feel him looking down and watching over them. It was a very difficult time for our family.
And great friends Beth and Jim who visited with us and brought homemade banana bread. Friends for over 50 years and counting and we have all been through a lot. I feel so blessed with friends and family checking in on me so often.
And on to me: Tomorrow morning I have my 3rd of 6 chemos and I have the final dates which end April 16 so my big question of the doctor appt tomorrow is "Will I be OK to go to France May 7 with the Globetrotting Grannies???? Gotta have priorities and plans ya know! I feel mentally prepared for the nasty few days and that helps a lot and makes me say "hmmm that wasn't so bad I guess" - Minnesota Talk!So next update will be the medical update from tomorrow. And Ross and I went out for a nice dinner and again I had my whole 7 ounce petite filet and it was yummy then I ate half his creme brulee which is one of my favorite desserts all over the world.







No comments:
Post a Comment