Beautiful sunny day here and nearly 50 degrees on 02-02-2020 which is a rare palindrome as if it is read backwards it is the same, works for European way and many other countries. The next palindrome will be in 101 years on 12-12-2121 and the last was over 900 years ago.
With all our travels and reservations I am used to the standard European way of day-month-year so tomorrow in Europe will be 03-02-2020 and I must admit I have almost made errors in reserving lodging!!!!
Ground Hog Day - and Punxsutawney Phil could not see his shadow so I'm looking forward to an early spring even if I don't have hair back yet.
Last night we left the house to meet son Chris and family for a Boy Birthday Dinner and the sunshet was so beautiful and photos never do it justice.
So daughter-in-law Amy set up the plan, Chris got to choose the restaurant and it's called Whiskey Inferno Meat House and Craft Bar and the online menu had 10 pages of scotch, whiskey and other liquor and about 5 or 6 pages of food. This is Ross enjoying his first Smokey Whiskey and it comes in a wooden smoke filled box and when the door is lifted super good wood smoke comes out. It is definitely a meat place and lots of smoked meats and the food was excellent. With my fluctuating cancer appetite I ate my whole beef filet and mashed potatoes and had a little wine - no scotch or whiskey thank you!The group! I am so blessed to have the lovely family I have on all sides. My brothers call me all the time to see how things are going, my kids keep in touch a lot and the grandkids still hug and send their love. Chris turned 46 on January 31 and one of his gifts was 39 homemade individual pizza crusts that I made yesterday morning. They love love love my pizza crusts and apparently have every Friday unless they run out. The plan was to make 46 but it didn't work out quite that way. Ross' upcoming birthday is February 9 and the night before my 3rd chemo and doctor appointment so I made dinner reservations!!!
And daughter-in-law Amy brought my favorite little treat even though it was not my birthday time! She admitted she had to dip in and try it๐ and I keep saying I think my daily caramel corn is keeping me going!
So I'm used to this but I usually wear a beanie because my head gets a "little chilly" in MN talk! And I have at least a dozen cute beanie caps to wear.
So - the novel coronavirus is all over now and I just heard about 14,000 cases now. Several times a day I wonder how if we hadn't cancelled our Vietnam trip due to cancer how we would be getting home from Shanghai on Feb 13 as all flights between China and US will be cancelled as of Feb 5 and into April or so as far as I can tell and many of the the people who have flown in from there in chartered planes are in a two week isolation barracks on military bases. I'd rather be sitting on my rear end on my chair right now!
And yes in 2013 we did walk the Great Wall of China:
And I would prefer not to be in this hospital in Beijing - really makes one think with all I have going on and what is happening all over the world. However, I do not live in fear and never have but I do have common sense most of the time!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment