So less than a year after I retired my coworkers and I decided we really missed each other so started doing get-togethers. Now it is 11+ years later and we are still going strong and we take turns and try for every 3 months. Last night Jeff and Donna hosted and because of my chemo "stuff" we met earlier at 5:30pm and plan was to do less than 3 hours. Well well well.....we had so much fun and giggled so much that time flew and 4 hours passed. It was one missing last night due to cold/cough of Mike and not wanting me to get any germs. We missed him and he missed us!
Funny stuff: Janelle was giggling and choked on a sip of water and sprayed the table a bit which of course got all of us into the non-stop giggling - even the guys! Then Donna's heads up that the Peanut butter cream pie crust might be a little "firm"😁. So we are politely digging in and Donna says we might need a jackhammer for the crust which of course brought on another course of giggling but I believe we ate all the dessert or at least I only left crumbs!
Still trying to get used to my phone camera and I haven't used the settings enough but the remote works good. I think an appropriate song would be "Her Head is on Fire".
And this is from 2009 and I do love the white spiky fake hair!!!
Another retired workmate dropped by this week with sweets, flowers and of course chatting and giggles. I was so lucky to have so many years of working with such a fun and awesome group and I retired in 2008 and we still get together. That says something!Sugar, Sugar and it happens the same day my 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that I ordered from granddaughter Rooke in California arrived. If I wasn't going through chemo and have the aftereffect bad eating days I probably would have gained 10 pounds by now but I'm just staying the same.
And the beautiful yellow tulips from Cathy that are the first thing I see when I get up to make my coffee in the morning!
I always get these popup memories and this is one year ago today in India when they taught us how to do saris and turbans. What a great learning experience the whole trip was.
And February 2009 - yes 11 years ago - we were in Egypt and we rode camels right beside the Great Pyramids of Giza.
So yes we have at least 4 trips planned this year and a Globetrotting Grannies trip to Paris and Normandy in May - we are all crossing our fingers that I can go - so far so good. And the coronavirus makes the big news every few hours but I just can't worry about everything.This was the exciting thing in our Sunday newspaper today:
And since I'm such a coffee addict I got yet one more collapsible, travelable coffee filter - ready to brew!
Next chemo is March 6 and after that if they can stay on schedule due to labs will be March 27 (my 73rd birthday!!!) and April 16 - final one. So lots of prayers and praises and crossed fingers coming my way!








No comments:
Post a Comment