Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2019

August is here!

August 1 today and the crazy local weather guys are talking about "fall is just around the corner" - go away people!!!!
Our good friends Beth and Jim who are always willing to test my new recipes and cooking methods and fortunately it is usually a success and yes, we ate the entire 10x12 dish of Spanish Rice Bake a couple nights ago - along with a little, wine, beer and best of all we could eat outside and the weather was perfect.
My friend since we were about 12 years old (that's about 60 years or so) was at the reunion and how great it was that she was able to spend an afternoon and overnight here last night on her way back to her home in Texas.  Wow - Ross claims we talked for 8 hours straight and I'm glad it was not being recorded as we do have lots of stories.  Road trips, moving to California, more travel, beach time and think hard - the two of us and another friend I travel with moved to Los Angeles in 1968 and we were well behaved, well brought up, non-pot smoking young women!  Not a lie!  And we are still with the guys we married getting close to 50 years ago.
 1967 - we lived in quite a few apartments, with quite a few roommates (all girls of course) in different areas in Minneapolis.  Theresa and I got matching Huffy bikes and we rode all over including to downtown and right into the city centre.  We agree we didn't have much fear but thank goodness we were not stupid and pretty street smart.
 Another apartment, lots of "ratted" fluffy hairdo with LOTS of hair spray and when completed the hairdo never moved - even in the wind.  Not sure what our hands are indicating but I wish I had that same outfit!  And.....the dark brown hair would be nice too.
 Road trip to Sturgis, South Dakota and this was a random guy we met on a night out.  Only time we ever saw him and apparently he let me wear his cowboy hat.
 Another apartment, more roommates and I'm pretty sure we were all "dolled up" for a night out on the town with each of us carrying our fake IDs so we could get a Singapore Sling or another fancy drink!
 On the way to California with Fran and Theresa and it was my 21st birthday and we happened to be in Wichita Falls, Texas, renting one room in a house from an old couple on our way to California.  My birthday cake was a surprise from my friends and we had to eat it sitting on the bed before we headed out for a night on the town.
So - moving on and I think I now need a little rest for a day or two.  However.....I listen to travel podcasts when I do my exercise walks and the last couple days it was about Scotland.  Yup - got it and it's going to be "my trip" in 2020 and of course Ross will join me without grumbling about walking so many miles in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment