A good friend asked me if my "normal" life is unusual - not to me as I seem to like to keep busy and social and from what I read about long life and health that's a good thing!
So I try to get in my exercise and walked 3 days this week and one day at the Y. Just "a bit" up the street from us is one of my favorite views. Normandale Lake and the high rise where the grandkids think I will live in the penthouse one day ......in my dreams of course but I do like beautiful lakes and skyscrapers and I don't have to walk far to see both!
So my CUP girls aka U of M Coordinated Undergraduate Program that we had to go through to become registered dietitans had another foodie night out and we take turns choosing. Ingrid the culinary expert chose this one Latitude 14 or Lat14 on the web. Interesting back side of the menu and I looked at the latitude line and I see Thailand (been there) and Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia (going there in February). The food was so awesome and different spices and sauces than we have had before. We always order a few dishes and share. Gotta go back there! Funny thing is last night Ingrid was in the audience of a Bobby Flay show and the chef and his wife from this restaurant also attended so she wanted to know how we liked our food and her husband recommended his "special" next time - gotta go back for sure!The "girls" and we have been getting together since we graduated in 1987 and they now have a kid married, a couple out of college and one in law school. Wow - time flies in a good way.
We had these 4 dishes plus a little wine and an appetizer and all were delicious.
So - now looking at the details for our upcoming trip to South Africa in a little over a month. And looking back a little to 1987 and I see we might look different but still like to act and talk crazy!!! I remember they were fascinated with my kids in the 1980s who were in elementary school and they loved to play with them.
Middle two and Ingrid and me - nice curly hair!






No comments:
Post a Comment