Pages

Friday, August 16, 2019

My Dad's Birthday; FAB6 time - more to come!!!

Today my Dad would have turned 98 and he died at age 63 from a sudden heart attack at work - shocking to say the least!  This photo is when I was probably about 2 and the luckiest little girl in the world to hold hands with 4 generations:  My great-grandma Otillie Wolf, my dad, my Grandma Alma Wolf Schultz and spoiled me - the first grandchild on all sides of the family!
 And my nice peaceful existence on the prairie farm until 3 brothers arrived - life changed but it was sure fun with good memories - MOSTLY😁👀
I just love our Fab6 group and it would be pretty hard to add more as we can be so honest, understanding and comforting and that's what friends are for!
Ross is the famous elegant table setter, cleaner upper and they were impressed with his new rose-shaped folded napkins.  They noticed before I did and he says he found it on you tube.  I like to cook!
 Since it was a French theme I got out one of my well-used French cookbooks.
 And a little towel that of course I got as a gift from daughter-in-law Amy - she does know what I love - t-shirts and kitchen stuff!

 I'm not bragging but I am good at getting my exercise and I walked to my old community college a little over a mile away and noticed this stone in the newly laid bricks.  My Chemistry professor who was the best ever in the whole world and I did end up at the University of Minnesota with a minor in Chemistry and my Dietitian thing!
 I'm testing using my phone to take photos as it seems a bit better than my camera.  My problem:  When I download onto my laptop where do they go-grrrrrrrrrr-swear word - technology!
 Not very long until we head to South Africa meeting our travel friends in Amsterdam.  Very long flights and should be interesting as we have a couple nights on safaris and game refuges.  So Ross tells me some Australian tourists in the 4 wheeler WITH A GUIDE were nearly attacked by an elephant as the driver was quickly trying to back the vehicle up.  I do not want that nor do I want to get too close to a rhino or lion.  I guess we'll see what happens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment