Catching up once again! Grandaughter Rooke spent 16 days with us and daughter Jenny was here the last 3 nights so we had a FULL schedule.
I convinced Ross he would like to join the "girls" to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory lvie play and it was good and not real long! Rooke and Lucy getting early to their seats:
Next day - Mini golf and I won - hot dang!!! I hardly ever win any sports thing so it was pretty amazing and 18 holes right here in Bloomington. Ross and Rooke aka R&R:Of course daily ice cream is a must and we like to support local so stopped at Scoops a couple minutes from the golf place. They always have this classic car and note the license plate is SCOOPS1:
Rooke taught me how to do a selfie with my phone and Ross looks like he is thinking about stealing our ice cream - that would NOT work very well!
Rooke made two lovely stepping stones for us to keep outside and one is her handprint so what a good memory we will have when we look at them and have them admired by others.
Finished product and this is something I really need to try myself but I would need to do a colored pencil design on paper first or better yet on my computer - huh???
Next up a sweet overnight visit from my brother Kent and wife Karen so he could have breakfast with Rooke and of course later we had ice cream at Minnehaha Falls - best ice cream in Minnesota or so the sign said and we support local!
A few minutes from our house and I often walk or bike there and I did start college there at age 32 or so - Normandale Community College and they have this Japanese Garden donated by Japanese people who were helped in Minnesota during WWII days. It is awesome!
My brother, Rooke and sister-in-law Karen all enjoying our healthy treat😍
With the record rains we have had Minnehaha Falls was the "gushiest" I have ever seen - pretty awesome.
Next stop - Mall of America for the 3rd time since Rooke was with us. She is looking at her mom Jenny and wondering if she should pretend she doesn't know her mom or not!
Wahlburger's for lunch - and they had to explain to me who these people were and it still was not familiar to me.
Next up - Amy, Jenny, Rooke, Lucy, Jenny and I went to an aquatic sandbottom pool thing not too far from us and it was pretty cool and not crowded and the girls loved it. This is the "big discussion" about which slide to take first!
Supergrammy? Supergirls for sure and no I am not wearing a bikini or less - left that behind a long time ago!
Sending a kiss to Great-uncle Kent who brought each of them a fresh rose just as he did last year on our trip to San Diego.Pretty exciting - she wanted this shirt so bad at Mall of America and had her own $ to spend. I liked it so much that on our next trip to MOA I had to buy one for myself.
And we bought MN souvenirs for daughter Jenny's friends in California - the same people who joined us for dinner in Santa Ana on my overnighter.
I think he really liked his mug - and so did his wife!
Great-uncle Brian and Rooke in Santa Ana. He's my "baby" brother as he is 13 years younger than me.
Also on her list was to make jam so we got fresh picked strawberries at the local farmer's market and we did it! Then we ate a whole jar before she went home with a jar in her suitcase.
Loved the employee at this story who photobombed the photo - awesome and so friendly when we went in to check it out.
One of the "big events" was the Guthrie Theatre play "Guys and Dolls". Ross let Ross use his ticket as it was pretty much sold out and since we have been subscribers for 25+ years we have 3rd row seats so the "girls" got all gussied up:
This is the stage and yes it does take place in New York City - very colorful and an awesome musical
View from the "endless bridge" at the Guthrie overlooking the Stone Arch Bridge and downtown Minneapolis. I never get tired of living in a big city and enjoying what it has to offer.Another "selfie" and I almost know how to do it now - well kind of!
Dinner at the Guthrie - we thought we could get sandwiches at the "express" there as the restaurant was full but no dice - we got lemonade and cupcake muffins but they were pretty darn good and we got full.
So after 3 days of quiet now I am preparing for my 55 year high school class reunion at our house. We had my 50th 5 years ago and it went so well and fortunately neither of us get stressed about guests and a full house. Granddaughter Lucy made these signs 5 years ago and thank goodness I saved them.
What you see is what you get! same tablecloth as last time, same signs and as of yet no food. My contribution is pulled pork sandwiches and I still have to make the pulled pork but I have done it before so no worries. Since it is "potluck" in Minnesota terms there is never a lack of food.
I saw this in a magazine on the plane to California - just what I need - an alarm clock bedside radio that has a fantastic drip coffee machine that can be set on a timer. How could I go wrong with a gadget like this?????




























No comments:
Post a Comment