Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Day 1 - New Delhi, Mahatma Ghandi and stuff!

Day 1 of India tour - getting acclimated to the time change, bedside table not only has the Gideon Bible but a Ghandi type book of faith.
 And a little bit of the daily newspaper today - I have yet to see open defacation aka "pooping in the street"?

 Hazy view across the street from the hotel and I think some people might live here but hard to tell.
 Ghandi's place where he spent a lot of time.  He was very humble and did not have a mansion or big house anywhere.  Goal was a simple life and share all with others.
 Pretty sure that means public toilet but I did not check it out.  Our local tour guide said there are hotel toilets, museum toilets and the "others" and if you go into a public museum type one if you go past the first few stalls you will find a regular stool not the squatters.
 The last footsteps of Mahatma Ghandi's path right before he was assassinated on 30 January 1948.  I think he had 13 kids and was 78 and a total vegetarian and fasted a lot - I remember the pictures of him being rail thin.
 The memorial on the actual place he was assassinated.
 His wooden shoes that went everywhere outside and slippers for the inside.




 The famous "India Gate" kind of like Arc de Triomphe in Paris?
 And the Rhesus Macacque are all over also called "old world monkeys".

No comments:

Post a Comment