Right before we left and we all have our New York shirts on.
And Jenny has an app to "modify" photos and I am now Farra Fawcett (no idea if I spelled that correctly)!
What can I say except she did get rid of every wrinkle!!!
MSP Airport and off we go!!!
And the ladies are on a mission:
Lucky ladies as we got first class but we do use miles and not dollars but they were pretty excited.And here we are. The guy at the desk in the back waved his hand at me and told me no photos allowed - what????? So I stepped back a bit!
One bedroom in our 750 square foot 2 bedroom apartment on the 8th floor. It was 47 stories tall and had a penthouse on the top (didn't get to see that obviously) but on the 43rd floor there was a Sky Lounge or open air place to sit and also see the whole of New York City on all sides!
Dinner first night and we could choose our takeout and they did have tables but no air conditioning. What saved us was the ice cream - best I've ever had!!!
Hungry Lucy at both tacos down to the last crumb!
Pier 81 Hudson River splash pad and they said "It would be fun if we could try it some night!" Well they did - every night so we had lots of wet shoes and clothes.
Goofball subway riders:
I just couldn't resist this photo and I don't mean to make fun of the homeless.
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island visit on Statue Cruises - awesome and the we all got free audios to listen to every word which they did! Since it is a National Park they had a lot of "rangers" and staff and the entry fee was not too bad.
This is the first sign of many and I thought it was very good. I spent my growing up years on a farm and went to a one room schoolhouse until 5th grade and I never dreamed I would have seen all these places all over the world.
View from the boat line and the Empire State Building is on the left - didn't make it there but maybe someday.
I just love rear end photos!
Lucy loved taking photos with her Iphone passed down to her by the rest. She could take photos, text and facetime with her family and that's about it - she loved it and took some great photos. Alex was the same way on his 10 year old trip to Washington DC with us three years ago only he used an old little camera of mine.
Yes that's my hair and my "selfie" because I could not see the screen - it's a keeper!!!
Life size replica of the "face" and of course they had to stick their hands up the nose!
Gives new meaning to Bigfoot - real size replica of the foot of the Statue of Liberty.
Fresh lemonade on the ground of Ellis Island and I must admit it was very good and very welcome as we had hot and humid weather every day.
At Ellis Island they had volunteers asking kids to write notes and then let them write on gold paper as they will be making a "wall of remembrance" of those who entered our ountry. I told them the story of my great grandpa Herman Schultz who arrived from Germany. It is an awesome place to visit and it is the second time I was there - last time in 1991 travelling with 3 teenagers - Chris, Jenny and niece Sara!
The Subway girls looking very serious.
Excellent dinner at an Italian restaurant just a few minutes from our apartment and it was not crowded. Odd thing to them was you had to pay for every little cola refill! It's New York City - deal with it!
This is the condo building with our apartment on the 8th floor and a doorman and security guards in the lobby.
We passed by this many times - a bowling alley with "bowling optional" .....hmmmmm.....not sure about taking 10 year olds there.
And the same old splash pad!!! This time in bathing suits and barefoot!
This was on the inside front door of our apartment and we were very careful. If some of us came back and knocked the password was "pig" - the girls thought of that one.
Beautiful and awesome views from the 43rd floor Sky Lounge.




No comments:
Post a Comment