Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Definitely July and Extreme Weather!

I think it's OK to say it's Hotter than Hell!!!  These are "feels like" and it's sticky and muggy but being a good normal Minnesotan I say:  "It's not too bad" or "It could be worse" or "That's interesting".
 As my long long time friend Beth says "it's another Dee-lish dinner" and we solved the world's problems in 3 hours and gossiped and chatted a LOT!
 Getting ready for daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke to visit and Ross and 4 "girls" will be spending 4 nights in Manhattan in New York City!  It's the 10 year old granddaughters' birthday gift and they are excited!  And I did manage to get a deal at the dollar store - a NYC puzzle for $1.  I probably couldn't buy a toothpick for a dollar in NYC!
 Another fantastic Bloomington Fete on the 3rd of July as usual.  A few thousand people, an hour to get home the 10 blocks but we ended with "it was the best one ever".  We have been doing this as a family for at least 8 years!



The usual is happy hour and a barbecue at our house first  and Lucy was certainly the entertainment as she gets out our fake doctor bag and says she is "very injured"!


 Just so we don't forget - this was April 15 - 3 months ago and Alex's birthday and a huge snowstorm and I recall we got about 20 inches of snow here in Bloomington - and today it "feels like" 105 degrees!
 After New York City, family reunion at Jolly Fisherman next month, Italy with the Globetrotting Grannies in September, in October Ross and I are headed on a new adventure - Morocco!  It's a tour so I don't have to do my microplanning (which by the way I love to do) but I still like to look at details and one day we have a dinner in a tent with the "opportunity to try hubbly bubbly"....hmmmmm....a little internet search tells me it is a hookah pipe and we get to choose a flavor.  I think it's basically flavored tobacco but the pipes are beautiful!  Never a dull moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment