Catching up! Fran and I arrived back in MN 4/29 in the afternoon and today I dropped her off at the airport heading home to Portland OR. Yesterday a long time friend - 50+ years and still going strong - stopped in and we talked for 9 hours. Ross says it was 11 hours but maybe it only seemed that way to him who had to be in the house with 3 giggling old gals while we sit and google Fabian Forte, Rod Stewart, Frankie Valli and other cute guys from our distant past!
I travel often with my 22" suitcase - easy to roll for me! I bought something that I had earlier planned - a new stockpot and had researched the Portugese made brand Artame. Very good deal and I got it plus 9# coffee beans and a few small souvenirs in the suitcase along with my clothes. No problem with putting the "well-used" clothes in the pot as I will wash it before using!!!It was a little tough getting the suitcase shut but it ususually works to sit on it. We got picked up at our apartment in Portugal at 2am for a 5am flight to Amsterdam then a 9.5 hour flight home. Long day but we slept like rocks the first night back.
And - I have not forgotten that I need stories to go with the previous pictures and more pictures to round off this Globetrotting Grannies trip to Portugal. They are coming but I'm still catching up and in 2 days we will be in Tulsa and then Muskogee OK for a few nights. Life is not boring or dull "fer sure" as they say in Minnesota!

No comments:
Post a Comment