Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Backward, Forward, Backward - Catching Up!

So - I filled in the words from my post from 5 days ago and now am trying to finish up trip details.  I'm still working on how I could print my blog which I started in 2009.  It's like a photo album with stories for me.
On to last couple days in Lisbon which was a perfect trip, wonderful weather and everything went off like clockwork.
28 April 2017 - last day in Lisbon and a free day for us so we got to go shopping!
This is an artisan workshop and this is one of the owners.  It was started in 1995 by 3 guys who wanted to promote true Portugese folk art from artisans from different areas of the country.
This guy was the only one in there and carefully bubble wrapped and then wrapped and taped each item and noted on a small country map where the artist came from and carefully printed the name of the artist.  What a great experience and the items were not that expensive.  Since I collect Nativity sets from all over the world this was a great place to buy one.
 Some of the small figures and small to large nativity sets.  The bottom row was a complete set with all the villagers.
 The front of the store and it was just minutes from our apartment.  I had found it in my travel planning and was looking forward to a visit if we had time - and we did!
 Last day demands are for double gelatos - love this shop and they have it right!  Gelato is therapeutic and does remove any pain from climbing stairs.
 Next stop - coffee beans!  I bought 500kg of two kinds so a little over 2 pounds total and that's in addition to the 2 lbs. from the Pingo Doce grocery store.
 Street entertainment.  The ones on the left are 2nd year college students and the goofy ones with rabbit ears are being trained!  They were collecting a little money for the students so I  got rid of all my Euro change.
 Last night dinner and the same place as our 2nd night dinner.  We returned because the food was so excellent and so reasonable and they were happy to have our table "reservado".
I had to sit on my little 22" suitcase trying to get the zipper to close properly.  I bought this great 5.4 liter stainless steel stockpot and it worked great to hold my dirty clothes or should I say "well used" and anything else that would fit.
 All this plus my clothes for 8 days fit in this little gem of a suitcase but it looking a bit worn out.
And off to Oklahoma tomorrow - more stories to come and I still have to do my "signs" and "food pictures" from Portugal - love signs and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment