Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Made it to Rio!

Ipanema Beach from the hotel - bus, plane, bus - long ride as there was a traffic jam from Rio airport to hotel!
 Made it through leaving Argentina, entering Brazil checkpoints and to this Brazil side of Iguazu Falls called Devil's Throat - I can see why!
 A little rainstorm on the way from the airport to the hotel in Rio but I looked out and this is what I saw!
 Cute photo op but a fake front of a tram we really took to see the Christ the Redeemer Statue at the top of a big hill in Rio.
 635 tons, 98 feet tall, 3 artists from 3 different countries designed different parts - more on that later.

 We had a very nice samba lesson today on our visit to the "samba school" where they are now designing the floats and costumes for the next Rio Carnivale just before Lent starts in 2015 - this year in February.  The headdress was quite the thing and every time I turned around to laugh I knocked someone with my pink wings!!!
 We ate lunch at a very old and beautiful traditional cafe and thank goodness they had all the pots labelled - hmmm - I tried just about everything and must admit it was delicious.
The view of the cafe from the 2nd floor which did have ceiling fans - it is pretty warm and humid here and it is just spring and summer is on it's way.  It will be well into the 100s for temperatures as we have our winter in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment