Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Giving Thanks!

Thanksgiving is something that should be celebrated every day but not with turkey and all the trimmings!  We were fortunate to have extra time with Alex and Lucy this year while Chris and Amy went to a movie.  Lucy wanted my "typerwriter".  I have a 1980s Sears portable electric typewriter and they love it!  This year I had a "Thanks Cup" and we all filled out little slips of paper saying what we were thankful for.  It was full as in The Cup Runneth Over.  Lucy typed all of hers, cut them in strips and rolled them up.  This is one of hers and it says "I AM THANKFUL FOR my family being healthy".  Great thing for a 6 year old and she read each one aloud before we ate dinner!
The typewriter - I'm trying to get a replacement ribbon for it because it is half black and half white correction tape.  It got me through college in the 1980s!!!
Chris got two of the most wonderful cake gifts from a client and you can tell that Alex is quite happy with the chocolate peanut butter cup one.
Today - Day 2 of the "Turkey Tourney" hockey tournament and Alex scored 2 goals yesterday and 1 today in the first game and had assists in both games.  They won with a "five-man shootout" as the game was tied.  I am learning a little about hockey.  They lost the 2nd one today so tomorrow play for 3rd place out of 16 teams - not bad for a bunch of little guys.
Day before Thanksgiving - my favorite activity  and we had enough snow to do a few runs down the hill in our front yard.
I am blessed in oh so many ways and give thanks for all of them.....and thanks to daughter Jenny for crocheting the cute hats we are wearing - she is so talented.
I managed to avoid Black Friday and the whole shopping frenzy so will have to get going this week!  I do have a lot of holiday shopping done and wrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment