Busy with our full-time jobs of cleaning up fraud activity!!! But I have managed to reclaim a lot of time to spend with friends as is normal.
Yesterday it was sunny and a little breezy so I decided to walk over to the park to see if the entrance was open yet - they will be making snow for cross-country trails soon. By the time I crossed the street 84 year old Gene across the street popped out and asked if he could walk a block with me and told me it might take 15 minutes. Sweet! He gets lonely and likes to visit so when he got into a new story we would stop so he could finish. I'm happy I could add something to his day.
We had nephew Corey visiting us for 4 nights while he ran his very very busy booth at a large Autumn Festival not too far from us. The products are made from shea butter he imports from Ghana and I must admit they are good and I am a hard sell!! He had 360 good sized containers of shea butter skin cream and sold all but a few - wow! I always remember my mom having 3 grandsons within 15 months of each other with Corey being the youngest - busy lady she was. A couple years later two granddaughters within a month of each other! And we all visited her at the same time!
Now I am onto planning our holiday activities - first off this weekend having good friends for dinner. We rotate houses about every 3 months and the food is always superb so the bar is set high - of course the bar could hold more wine and then who cares!
I can't believe next week is already Thanksgiving - and at our house - and of course the famous Jones Family Macaroni and Cheese will be on the menu. Again we have much to be thankful for.
Since the stupid fraud crap takes so much time I decided we are having holiday lights on all through January to extend the season.

No comments:
Post a Comment