For 35 years the city of Bloomington has had the Summer Fete on the 3rd of July. It is about 1 mile from our house in a beautiful park with a bandshell. We go all out as you can see.
I love this big crowd and the American flags and singing the National Anthem and "America". I get tears and shivers.
2012 - it was 107 degrees that day last year. No shivers here.
2011 - Looking good after a horrific year and a half~
2010 - little Lucy a little over 2 - Amy was recovering from the January brain tumor surgery. Cute as a button. I recall that she sucked so hard on the beverage we had to take the straw out so she could take a breath:)
2006 - Alex a little over a year old. What a character.
Our church has an early outdoor service and it's beautiful and overlooks a pond. This week we said a special prayer for the Korean airliner that crashed in San Francisco. It was more momentous because my good friend Peggy will be going there soon as her daughter and family will adopt a little boy from South Korea. It has been a long wait and not over yet!
So - as usual Ross and I each pick our own trip each year and for 2014 and I keep coming up with Budapest or the cities of Buda and Pest which are divided by a river. Buda is hilly and Pest in flat. I want to go there!!!!! As of tonight I am looking forward to Jenny, Shannon and Rooke arriving for tomorrow for the next 4 nights. We have a full schedule planned but it's fun summer stuff and not set in stone.
No comments:
Post a Comment