Busy days at the Jones house....Nephew Garrett and friend Siiri doing their college homework in our family room today - looks like more fun than I remember:) Garrett arrived Friday night in the middle of the snowstorm - slow trip but no problems.

Today Alex and Lucy "visited" us while their mom and dad went Christmas shopping. I told them if they wanted to go sledding in our front yard at 12 degrees they would have to go alone. Well, I have loved sliding my whole life and age 63 it only took me a couple minutes to be out there with them - it was fun! I got my own snowpants last year in Target kids department - they have a sign on the inside for Name: Contact: - hmmm I guess if I develop dementia I might wanted to fill that in with permanent marker.

Storm news II: Friday night Alex landed at our house for an impromptu sleepover - Bapa Paul was stuck in traffic delivering him home to Savage and as he was just a few blocks from our house decided he may as well spend the night with us. He was elated and even got to wear a t-shirt of mine to sleep in. Serendipity moments are the best. Also another opportunity for ornament rearrangement.:)
Saturday night had Ross' former work group and spouses for dinner - 10 in all - we do it 2-3 times a year and have the best of times. We wives have become friends over all these years and share each others joys and sorrows. We laugh so hard we decided it is more beneficial to the abs than doing situps. Midnight came too quickly.I am always awed by how beautiful the 9 inches of fresh white snow appears - from the window side not from the shovel side.
Lucy spent time with us this week again and was at her usual "cheese" mentality - she even knows to get my camera and don her garb. I have been told that she has me wrapped around her little finger - what do you think?????
Busy days coming up this week. Seeing "A Christmas Carol" at the Guthrie, a friend's concert, another Christmas party and an Alex and Lucy sleepover - all of this activity I hope will keep me "appearing younger than stated age" - my favorite doctor note in patient charts.
No comments:
Post a Comment