Snow update - here it is - what else can I say?? More to come this week.
Books: I got the greatest book from a friend called The Art of Pilgrimage: The Seeker's Guide to Making Travel Sacred (Phil Cousineau) - well guess what? It is just getting me to make a longer list of places I want to see which now include Ephesus and Cappadonia in Turkey and the Hill of Crosses in Lithuania http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article43.htm - thanks a lot, Antra who said "this book had your name written all over it"! - FYI this appears to be a Catholic church link so I think it's pretty safe:)Quotes from the book: Perceptive travel can transform the inevitable ordeals of your journey into opportunities to learn something about yourself and and the wide world around you.
Brought to mind the Polish emergency room, the hospital in northern England (a week of my life) and the recent volcanic ash problems in Europe that diverted our journey.
Willie Nelson: Most people have the fantasy of catching the train that whistles in the night.
The book is not just about travel but really about life's journey which all of us are taking in many different ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment