Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Olden But Gooden Days!

As we will be attending "The Christmas Carol" at the Guthrie Theater tonight my mind went back to Christmas Past - wayyyyyyy back! I was 20 years old, lived with roommates at 35th and Minnehaha in Minnespolis - right near Matt's Bar home of the famous Juicy Lucy hamburger. I believe this was a real tree - not too many ornaments - not a priority. We must have had a good heating system to be able to wear a Snoopy cutoff sweatshirt, shorts and kneehis in December.
About 4 months after this I moved to Los Angeles with 2 other girlfriends. Many stories of that journey - we eventually found a lovely apartment in a building complex called TGIF (Thank Goodness It's Friday). ..... aka a party building in the land of fruits, nuts, pot (not me), Three Dog Night concerts and volleyball on the beach.
Will continue to delve into Christmas Past for a few more days - may be more to come. Happy Holidays to All! Lucy is here today and we have now sung Old McDonald at least 10 times - I'm trying to get her to move on from Old Mac's standard animals to wombats, koalas and others - but I don't know what they say so I just make it up along the way!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment