Merry Christmas to all of you out there - and no this picure is not today - they are from 1986 and 1987, Chris was 12, then 13 and Jenny 10 and 11! They are 34 and 36 now so you can do the numbers to estimate our ages. I can see where Alex and Lucy's "yearbook smiles come from" - oh and indeed my dark brown hair has been gone so many years!
We have a quiet Christmas this year and are enjoying it. Tonight we will be able to attend our own church service at 9pm - and yes we got snow today but the 80 year old across the street sent his "boy" - in his 50s probably - over to blow out our driveway. Bless his heart.Chris/Amy and kids are in Duluth with her family and at their church and after the service Amy will be blessed with some holy water from Lourdes in France (you know Our Lady of Lourdes - I am not Catholic and neither are they!) which was brought back by a friend of her mom's. It is reputed to have healing properties and when I talked to Amy this morning we decided it cannot hurt and may just require a trip to France to see where it came from!I have not mentioned my Costco bag of spinach at 1.1 kg I bought a week ago...that is 2.42 lbs of baby spinach - think of how much spinach weighs. To start it required an entire shelf of my frig to hold the bag - we have had many meals, soup, braised, sauteed, raw - seems like the babies in the bag are having babies.Lucy this week as I was walking her upstairs for her nap - turned around and said "Don't go first me, OK, Grammy?" - took me a minute to realize she did not want me to go ahead of her and then it seems like sometimes she has a bit of ESL (English as a Second Language).Christmas Day we will do our tradition movie and this year it will be "The King's Speech" which opens here on Christmas Day and then dinner at Cosmos Restaurant in the Graves hotel downtown - the menu looks much more wonderful than one I would cook:).Ross has finished his Bloomington Chorale performances for this season and now they start rehearsals for the April big "do". As I was left home alone the other evening (very risky by the way) I made trip reservations to go to Tucson in February and have gotten very interested in exploring that city and it's environs. Think of what would happen if I were left home for a week. We will stay in a historical 1890s house walking distance to UofA and downtown restaurants. It's name is the Big Blue House and it is big and blue. Ross has gotten used to my "quaint" picks. He doesn't complain about my trip planning or my cooking or he would have to do it himself:)


No comments:
Post a Comment