The Title: Usually would bring to mind "I Love You" - today it was "Very Good News". As Amy, Chris, her sister Katie and I listened to Dr. T the neuro-oncologist say these 3 words it was just as good as the other three familiar words.
Quote: Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand (Emily Kimbrough - writer and newspaper columnist).
The Story: Amy had surgery to remove a brain tumor 9 months ago and has MRIs every 3 months - this will continue at least until July of 2012. I like this doctor's plan! Today I observed the MRIs and explanations and what a relief to hear that there is NO new growth. He said he was unusually aggressive with the chemo and radiation and explained why - it made sense.
Why the quote: When we left the office it was a chilly fall walk to the car. My hands were cold so I took Amy's hand as we walked side by side. Hers was warm and it felt good. What else can I say but how good it is to hold hands no matter what the circumstances, who it is or your age.
So: We left and went for the 2nd time in a week to Convention Grill in Edina for a hamburger, fries and Hot Fudge Malt that I shared with Amy.
Now on to planning our family trip to California very soon. Will Ross again ride the Extreme Scream 160 foot plunge ride at Knotts Farm (this man is afraid of heights)? Will Chris try this ride? Will Alex again watch as he watched his "Unka Brian" and "Bapa Ross" a couple years ago - he does a great hand/arm imitation of the plunge.
BEST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK ALL OF OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO HAVE STOOD BY OUR SIDE PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY AND SPIRITUALLY - WE COULD NOT HAVE ENDURED THIS JOURNEY WITHOUT ALL OF YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment