Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beautiful Fall Days at Home!

I love it when we can actually hear the leaves falling - it's October 9 in Minnesota and it is 85 degrees - looked through the screen and out our front door and this is what I see:
Front steps - more leaves - we can't keep ahead of them - but I do recall what winter is like when we can't keep on top of the snow in that same place. My new German cowbell now hangs by our front door.
.
Backyard: Last remnants of my hanging pots - the squirrels are going crazy looking for things to bury - in past years they moved and reburied all of my tulip bulbs so I have given up on that.
My herb pots are still going strong but I know soon it will be time to bring them in.
We have a full week coming up - Amy goes back to work part-time on a project contract; we have a few Alex and/or Lucy days in the next two weeks and soon we head off to Calfornia for our annual family vacation - we are all excited and hope to go on a whale watch cruise as it is the season. Walked 4.6 miles with a friend yesterday; going to a family get-together at Chris and Amy's tonight and nephew Corey will be joining us as he is flying to Ghana (Africa) with a friend tomorrow. Sara is in Serbia (actually in the city of Belgrade which many of you remember as being in Yugoslavia) right now - my mom frequently said: "I just can't worry about it any more as I don't even know where some of these places are or who is gone."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment