Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the Season to be Jolly!

Quote of the Day
The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing other's loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.
WC Jones
Found this and found it so appropriate - have no clue who WC Jones is so I am claiming him as one of our kind and lovely relatives
What's happening in the Jones Household????

The Grill - our grill has a summer home and a winter home (two gas hookups with winter closer to the kitchen door - great if the snow is so deep the kitchen door will not open!

The "Button Game" - Alex's invention last week at our house - he loves to sort and play with my buttons - so we decided what better than to fill every square on my cutting board (you sewing people will recognize this) - it was fun and FREE!

Grammy and Lucy ready for the first sliding event - Amy noticed she is wearing the "Tool Belt Snowsuit" - of course - it is a handmedown from just a couple years ago.

Lucy the Snow Baby - after falling down in the deep snow for about the 5th time! We are fortunate to have a little sliding hill on the side and in front of our house.

Alex telling me he is not cold (windchill -19) and the boots fit fine (two sizes too small from last year - this has been corrected. Next sliding when I flipped on the sled he told his teacher about it the next day - I have always loved sledding and now have purchased a new sled and snowpants just for me. That is our plan for Christmas Day at Chris and Amy's

Ross has been very busy with Bloomington Chorale - they did Handel's Messiah one night and then two performances of Bach Mass in B Minor plus a selection of holiday carols - it was wonderful! I know it's blurry but he is back row 4th from the right.

Below are just a few of the 40 members we had at our house after their December 13 performance - it went very well and we had lots of good food. What I learned: Make a lot more barbecued meatballs as Ross and I didn't even get a taste.


I also have attended "Seussical the Musical" with my friend and her daughter - I have always loved Dr. Seuss; attended this same friend's concert and as usual they showed off their talent. What's next? Christmas at home where Chris, Amy, Alex and Lucy will join us. We will be visiting Jenny and my brother Brian in California the end of January - at the end Ross and I will sneak in a few days in Newport Beach - it is bound to be warmer than here and no icy roads. And most importantly seeing granddaughter Rooke who now speaks in long sentences and no longer leaves the first letters of words off - try it - it's hard and she was good. Wonder what she will call us this time if not Ammy and Apa.

Oh - and thinking of the winter ahead I am trying to stop my fingers from booking a quick trip to Barcelona - hmmm - stop fingers please.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the button game. What a creative bugger. The sledding looks fun too. I LOVE sledding. We went last year when I was 5 months preggo! Love, Mini

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! You were born to be a writer/entertainer! Love the pictures. Have a wonderful holiday!!! Kathy Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. I love the dorky buttons too. I think that looks like fun. -19 sounds a bit like I won't write the bad word here I was thinking. But not very nice. :) I like our -2 to -10C which is what? 10-25? I'd guess. You guys are a total stitch in the snowsuits. Keep having fun. Sledding is the best!

    ReplyDelete