Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Countdown!


Today is Day 1 of 4 with our new houseguests Alex (oldest grandchild almost 4) and Lucy (youngest almost 1). Alex and "Bapa" concentrate very hard on Legos, Alex sings, Lucy hums and they are quite a duet. Lucy crawls fast mostly toward the stairs and eats any small thing off the floor so my job is to be one step ahead of her with the hand vacuum. Their parents are enjoying the peace and quiet of an island vacation!
They will depart Thursday and we leave Saturday - looks to be about 80 in Cairo and in the mid 80s in Luxor and Aswan further south....I am ready for that! I will have to remember to cover my head, my shoulders and keep the soles of my feet on the floor - I have a nice long black wrap that could do all three - imagine the sight of that!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. How is day 2 going? Ed and I sure slept well last night! I miss the two little smiling faces and as you refer to them as talker and crawler. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful grandchildren (including Rooke, Greta and baby ?! I have a new option for communication while you are on your trips. Check out skype.com It is free and if your computer has a camera, you can see the person you are talking to. You just have to use the internet and not a phone line. International communication is totally free and it works just like a phone call. Kathy

    ReplyDelete