What we learned:
each time you cross the street cars with threaten to run you down and honk. I have not seen any dead people yet except the mummies.
Lean back when the camel stands up and they lift their back legs first.
Don't eat anything that you haven't peeled yourself and only bottled water.
Menus are not posted outside restaurants - hmmm I wonder why not! ...don't know the prices
Bottom line: The weather is beautiful, blue sunny skies and as you can see the Nile view from our hotel is wonderful. Somehow we got upgraded in our room and it is HUGE. Other than the people driving the cars :) we are treated wonderfully and everyone smiles and is very helpful. It is a great life experience and we feel very safe out walking and have done that 3 times now and never feel threatened of course as I said there are all those high powered rifles protecting us - called "tourist police" in little booths and "tourist and antiquities police". The Egyptologist will be with us the whole trip as will our travel director who has homes in both Kauai, Hawaii and a house in the tropical area in Thailand (Siam REap - Sara take note)
For breakfast we had choice of beef bacon or beef or chicken sausage - duh - no pork as it is Muslim. We didn't really like the beef bacon.
Better go - I know some people are having trouble putting in comments - just set up a profile - nothing bad will happen.
I like the Egyptian wine!
Ross and Dee

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun already! (A bit pricey there huh?) Is it expensive to do most stuff there or can you get reasonable stuff? You should put a pic of your room up! Keep the updates coming!!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! Between you and Caroline, it seems downright boring and safe around here! Nothing new here except warmer temps and melting...we are headed in the right direction now!
ReplyDeleteMaryAnn
I better explain myself...am "Mom" for Caroline's blog, so guess it used the same one when I accessed my account!
ReplyDeleteKeep writing...I wonder what the next language will be!
MaryAnn
Please be careful. We don't like things like high powered rifles and that people want to run you over with their car. Alex would say those people are bad.
ReplyDeleteSounds like quite the adventure. Love the updates on the blog - you are so tech savvy!
Love the Jr. Joneses and Small Joneses
We're enjoying your blog. Stay safe and keep the travelogue coming. Beth, Mary, Peg, Judy
ReplyDelete