Today is 9 September 2023!
I'm posting some pictures and as usual words coming up. Busy times as usual and I am totally enjoying the finally cool weather this week and it's great to do my 3 mile day walk and not sweat like a hog!
And today is the one year anniversary of the death of Queen Elizabeth and I remember watching it on TV over and over again while we were traveling in Bucharest, Romania.
The Great Minnesota Get Together: Of course it's the Minnesota State Fair - best in the world so we say. And on Friday night Sept. 25 I get a text from son Chris asking if Ross and I are interested in going to the fair - of course - and our whole family is always ready to go!
I got to taste a couple fruit flavored beers and I'm not a beer fan but I do love sugar!
And Ross and son Chris tasting a little beer. And Chris is like me - making lists of foods we need to try and things we need to see.Of course as always top of the list is the Tom Thumb Mini Donuts:
Next up of course the best cheese curds ever and this is Chris and Amy.
I wish I knew how to make cheese curds even though they may not be the healthiest food in the planet they are darn good.
Chris is goofy like me his mom! And this is the "beer flight" to taste a variety of local brewery beers.
And on 19 August 2023 the quarterly get-together with my all now retired Grannies workmates. And it also just happened to be our 51st wedding anniversary.
So to celebrate our anniversary of course we have to go to the usual local Saturday Farmer's Market and get our favorite dozen corn on the cob that need shucking and a large local cantaloupe and Ross gets to the the heavy bag man to celebrate our anniversary.
Granddaughter Rooke from California and yes she is in 11th grade and time does fly!
I do my daily outdoor walks 3 miles and I always find things of interest in nature and this could be a wild turkey???
And Bloomington is famous for turtles and they get hit by cars on the street by our house as they cross over between 2 ponds. This was a big one and it's sad to see. The city is asking for money to make a safe turtle crossing on the other side of the huge park by our house and I agree - save the turtles!
Same walk and what the heck is this at the school crossing a block from our house. Is it human hair, dog hair or fake wig hair? A couple days later I decided to touch it and it was kind of weird feeling.
We definitely have a drought in Minnesota as all over and this WAS a big pond on the other side of the park and it's so sad to see the barren places so where do the ospreys, egrets and ducks swim.
Yup - heat wave over the summer and "feels like" 104 degrees does not feel good!
This was the pond about 3 years ago and we had so much rain it was flooded.
Diamond dots - my little dot hobby which I do just a few minutes in the evening to relax and I have quite the wall and everyone usually can guess what they are. This is the Roman Colosseum in Rome of course and I have been there a couple times.
What I'm working on now is the Budapest city on the Danube. I remember the 60 pairs of steel Shoes memorial on the Danube of the thousand Jewish people who were executed during the Holocaust.
Yes I am a t-shirt collector and I walked across the park to the nearby lake and there was an "older" woman sitting on a bench and I said hello and she said her daughter lives in Dublin and she goes there once a year. I asked her of her nationality and she was from Cambodia and never went back which is true of a lot of refugees.








.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment