We are retired!!! I feel like we're busier now than when working but in a good way and we choose to be busy! This week we celebrated our 51st anniversary by going to the farmer's market and my guy got to carry the 11 pound bag of corn on the cob - 1 dozen; and the bag of watermelon and cantaloupe and I got the light bags.
Meetup quarterly with my workmates from the hospital and we always talk 3-4 hours and always say we could talk 8 hours - full time but fun job???So I call these let them eat cake wedding pictures and Ross has a smirk on his face and I have my hand up a bit in case he stuffs it up my nose.
And when I'm feeding him the cake he has hold of my arm so I don't smear his face. Thank goodness our sense of humor agrees and has not changed.
Recently we had a bit hailstorm while we were on the way to meet a travel friend from Houston at Mall of America. The big hail and rain missed us but hit a lot of the metro area.
And we keep saying we have to figure out another Crazy Eight trip as we had so much fun in Spain and Portugal!
And our fabulous FAB6. Three dietitians and 3 husbands and we have been rotating dinners at each other's houses since 2009 so 14 years now and it never gets old and we are always excited.
"The bag" which started to carry a gift of wine and we kept it and when it gets to our house we always have to remember to take it to the next one and none of us have ever forgotten.
Jeff (Donna's hubby") knows me very well and what else is my gift but a coffee cup of Rod Stewart or as they call him "Rod the Bod".
Park walks with my friends never get old and they say friends, nature, and social talk keeps our brains and bodies good. I believe it!
Baby grandson Alex now18 just headed to UND (University of North Dakota in Grand Forks) for his freshman year and his mom and dad are feeling the missing the first kid to leave home feelings! I remember it well.
Still doing my diamond dot crafting and this is one I will start soon and it is Budapest, Hungary and I'm almost finished with the Rome Colosseum one. 30 minutes or less a day and it keeps my brain good.
In just over a month we head out to meet our travel buddies Greg and Linda in Paris for a trip called French Escapade. Paris, fast train to Lyon then a small riverboat on the Rhone and Saone Rivers. Stories and pictures late September!














No comments:
Post a Comment