Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

Today is 9/11 - A Day to honor Heroes!

Every year on 9/11 I remember the day 22 years ago when I was at work at the hospital and a coworker walked into our office with a quiet sad look and told us what had just happened.  It probably happened as I was driving into work.
One of the heroes who grew up in Bloomington and went to a church and school a block from our house was Thomas Burnett Jr and I remember the story of him calling his wife from the plane Flight 93 telling him what he had to do as the plane was hijacked and headed for the Pentagon.  He was able to take it down and the plane crashed in Shanksville Pennsylvania.
This is a block from our house and I walked by it today as I do almost every day weather permitting.
And the is the US Flag at half mast right across the street from the stone.
1991 we took our 2 teens and niece for a trip and one stop of course was NYC and I have this picture of the Twin Towers in the background almost exactly 10 years before the horrible event.

One to 2018 we took our daughter and 2 granddaughters to the 911 memorial in NYC and I have never seen so much quiet with lots of people and we did visit the 911 museum and granddaughters Rook and Lucy listened to every word very quietly on their audioguides.


This is Rooke using a paper and pencil to rub the name of one of the people killed on the Memorial Wall.


And I still have to get the words on my post from a couple days ago!  Busy times as always!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment