Pages

Friday, June 9, 2023

Big Event of the Month!!! Grandson Alex graduates from high school!

Our oldest grandchild Alex graduated from high school last night and will be going to the same college University of North Dakota as his parents went.  They met there, fell in love and this month will be married 24 years!  There were 750 or so in the class and it was so well organized.  The commencement speakers talked about how strong they have been through the covid school closings, distance learning and not being around their friends.  They are strong kids and 97% in their local Prior Lake school go on to graduate - woohoo.  We did wear the blue and gold colors as that is the Lakers colors!

Dan Patch the horse celebrity -  died in 1916 and was a standardbred harness racer horse - yes horse and very famous!

Lucy will be in 10th grade next year, Chris, Alex and Amy.  With her brain tumors, chemo, radiation, and the covid and my cancer we have all been through a lot and I often wonder what goes on in the minds of kids.
Amy's mom is in the photo now and we did sit on the bleachers for about 3 hours and the weather was beautiful and the sun was setting behind us so pretty darn comfy as they say in Minnesota.
I think being grandparents is the best of life and memories pop up all the time.

I'm still doing my little hobby of Diamond dot art - tiny dots to stick in the right place and I do have my "travel wall" of places we have been and I just finished Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany and it was a beautiful place to visit on a hill years ago.
So a friend was up north in Minnesota and sent me this picture and asked me if I owned the "beer joint" - I don't but do like the name.
And I'm not nuts!
My brother sent me this picture of our farm and we think it is probably late 40s as there is the outhouse and if you zoom in you can see a horse on the left and a cow on the right side of the house - wandering freely.
So I'm still doing my 2-3 mile walks every day and it's so much better to be outside than in the mall or on the basement treadmill.  I do love nature and I do use a little mosquito spray but so far not bad.

This turtle is pretty darn big and crossed my path "slow as a turtle"!

And a 4 point buck and his friend tried to stare me down but weren't bothered by me holding up my phone to take a picture.
1.8 miles to walk across the park to a lake nearby - and yes Minnesota is "Land of 10,000 Lakes" but they say there are really 12,000 lakes.
And I look down on the path and see this tiny tiny snake and I felt bad because it was so still I thought it was dead so I did my usual quiet thing and tapped my toe and it moved a little then stopped another, tap again - move again.  
So 3 days until our next adventure and we are meeting our travel buddies from PA Greg and Linda to start in Lisbon - more pictures and stories on the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment