Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

More Snow, More Ice, More Fun!!!

How much do I need to talk about snow?????  We ae 127% higher snowfall than average right now!  We have 48" so far and tomorrow we are waiting for 4-8" more.  And the ice of course from the freezing rain is all over the place and I do feel sorry for all the workers - delivery guys, postal drivers and everyone.  We are trying not to slip and fall as at our age we know what would happen - broken hip, nursing home, pneumonia and you die!!  So instead of moaning and groaning we are planning trips as always.  And having lots of "house guests" of family who say "Are you guys gonna be around on such and such date?"  Of course we are when we are and it was so fun to see my brother and sister-in-law last week.  From Ulen MN and he sees a great eye doctor a couple miles form our house.
OK so yes in 2 days we got 18 inches of snow and I was curious about how deep it was on our back deck.  So I put on my boots, plastic bags tied above my knees and figured we had at least 18 inches and at least it's a low deck so we are not shoveling!

Does this look a little like Bigfoot in Bloomington??
Lovely view from the kitchen sink and we have been in our house 20+ years and we can't remember ever having icicles this big!
View from the front door!!!
Granddaughter Lucy on her way to a lacrosse tournament with Chris in Palm Springs - palm trees and warmer weather and fun to see her in the hoodie I gave her for Christmas.
And of course after 14 years still trying to keep our quarterly rotate homes FAB6 dinner and this time at Mike and Janelle's and I did have to reuse the bag that Ross got from the kids with a jar of hot Texas spice.  What did I put in it.  Jeff's favorite - Fleet farm sponge candy - or do you call it air candy - or fairy candy or what???  My dad made the best homemade sponge candy and I have tried a couple times and it's not as good as his!
On the way to their house we were lucky to view the first full moon of 2023 also called the Wolf Moon and it was amazing and adds joy to the day!


So - in about a month we'll be heading to the Panama Canal Costa Rice - part hotel, part small boat cruise through the locks and it's been on our list for quite a while.  And yes - we have 5 trips booked all the way into 2024.  Make hay while the sun shines or is it while the snow falls?????
 
Daughter-in-law Amy is doing well after the 5 weeks of radiation ending December 30 but then she got Covid but got the Paxlovid antiviral and helped a lot and I think she is a remarkable strong cancer warrior!!!  Next MRI is January 27 and as always fingers crossed for all to go well.  And we are planning a Jones Lady lunch/shopping date which has been delayed quite a few times over the last months.

No comments:

Post a Comment