Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 has arrived!!!! Happy New Year to all!

Daughter-in-law Amy on December 30 finished 5 weeks of radiation after the 2nd brain tumor surgery in September and she got to ring the bell at the all too familiar place - for me and for her!
This is the custom mask that has to fit the face perfectly and tightly in the radiation machine and then it is "bolted" to the "table".  She's said it's a little tight but the radiation needs to hit the right spot!
Remember Lily Tomlin "one ringy dingy, two ringy dignty" and Amy got to ring it 3 times!

We are called the Jones Ladies cancer survivors.  Amy had the first brain tumor removed in 2010 and I had ovarian cancer surgery in 2020 so the Fighters we are!!!
Final day of radiation and a fun and fantastic dinner out at a nearby French casual restaurant!
Escargot and Chris in a fight!!!  We are always willing to try almost any food in the whole world - maybe not raw meat!!!
After chatty Amy told our very busy waiter that she was celebrating the end of her radiation she got a hug from the restaurant manager after the waiter told her the story.  She was a breast cancer survivor that went through radiation a few years ago and it was certainly a good way to meet wonderful people who are all over the world.
This is too funny - Christ is pretending he is going to lick Amy's cheek with his tongue.
Our waiter was so awesome and the place was super packed and busy and he has worked there for 13 years!
So.....I'm a retired dietitian and diabetes educator but I like sugar!!!  My dessert order was a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting and yes it was HUGE!
With a little sharing of a couple desserts we almost did it!
And I was super excited for the 2022 release of the new cookbook so of course I bought it for myself for Christmas.
And I have a few of them and this one was handed down from a friend and it's the 1961 version.  i graduated from high school in 1964 so figure it out.
It definitely shows that women did all the cooking!
So a little over 3 years ago I had the major ovarian cancer surgery for low grade seroud Stage IIIC ovarian cancer and they took out a whole list of things and somehow on the operating table somehow a little betadine apparently leaked out and dyed my hair yellow which was there until my hair all fell out!
I look like a Red and Yellow Ghost!
This is a sweet card I got then from my niece and grandniece and this is me and Ruby - I call her Ruby Duby!!!
And we have much to be thankful for and pray a lot.  And of course we have several trips planned and next month will be the first of 5 - Ross will be 80 and on the one after that I will be 76 years old.  My mom taught me this and she had a magnet on her frig:  "I'LL REST WHEN I'M DEAD".  My mom had the greatest positive attitude and sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment