Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2023

42 Days Until Spring!!!! And A BIG Birthday!

 It's good to have lots and lots to do - and I also like to read and watch a little TV to rest but we are BUSY!
And the family got to celebrate Ross' 80th birthday!  Can't believe we are getting "this age"!  So much fun that we can still giggle and laugh with grandkids at 14 and 17 years old.  And Alex has now been accepted to 5 colleges and we don't bug him with questions!  At dinner he says "Grammy I ate all that soup you made for us and if you have time you could make more and take it to my hockey game tomorrow night".  What does a Grammy do????  Make a triple batch of my mom's recipe of hamburger rice tomato soup!!!
Son Chris turned 49 on January 31 and that is also hard to believe.  I feel like I should be 49.  And daughter-in-law Amy had a followup MRI after 4 weeks of radiation and it's clear and is now on chemotherapy pills 5 days on - 23 days off for the next 6 months so prayers that this all keeps the darn cancer away!!
And of course my gift to Ross is a little more hot sauce and he was running low  I like the names and his Dad's name was Pete - from Oklahoma not Texas!
Ross' card from the kids - click to enlarge!  They were fascinated about all the things that are new in the last 80 years.  Like credit cards, ATMs  and all the other stuff and Lucy asked me how we paid for anything without credit or debit card!
Card from a friend who loves to make self-designed cards and they are always perfect.
And of course from the kids - a movie theater gift card and a little Scotch.
A week early and after 15 months we finally had our good friends over for dinner and lots of talk and I did actually cook but since I don't bake and I got a good deal on the 99cent corn muffin mix and cookies why would I bake??

And the brought a little gift to lighten the winter spirit!
We have been to a few hockey games and Alex's team are pretty high up in their division so on and on to more tournaments and it's really fun to watch in person and we watch the rest online streaming to our big TV.  Thanks to technology and a hockey mom recording and doing the talking!

Final score Lakers won 9-0.
And our quarterly get together with my old work ladies and we try to be serious but it's pretty darn hard especially when we are all retired grandmothers and loving it!

Sooooooo....I get texts, calls and emails from daughter Jenny and niece Molly - "I need a little travel planning assistance".  New York, Boston, Maine - and these are my initial notes and I do admit I love travel planning and researching stuff about different places.  However - we do leave on our Panama Canal Costa Rica trip in 4 days so I'm short on time.
I'm still doing my diamond dotz art - little tiny dots must be placed exactly in the teeny square and my "travel wall" is filling up - Rialto Bridge-Venice, Paris, Notre Dame, Egyptian Pyramids, Mont St-Michel Frane, London/Big Ben, Brandenberg Gate-Berlin and Taj Mahal in Agra, India.  As to Berlin I'm sure we all remember President Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev take down that gate" in 1989 - and it happened!

So next update most like from 90 degree temps and sun in Costa Rica.  I'm mentally preparing my winter body for the heat wave!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment