So....since we would rather spend money on travel that on big birthday or anniversary parties yesterday we kept it quiet and went out to dinner near us (as we always do on celebrations) and the food was superb. We got lots of texts, cards, facebook greetings and I actually wore my Titanic Belfast museum t-shirt to dinner. Makes sense right?
The left side shows a little rainbow as we walked out of the restaurant and I always see rainbows as a good sign looking forward! So fingers crossed!!!And Ross is not a big fan of having his picture taken but he always goes along with my wishes and when we got back in the car and pulled out of the parking lot - another sign - Picture Drive - who would ever know!!!
Daughter-in-law Amy and granddaughter Lucy popped in with roses and a card and a nice Jones Girl Chat as Ross was at a movie.
Ross is an Okie from Muskogee and a Confederate I guess and I am a Minnesota prairie farm girl and I have this old picture of a visit to a British relatives farm in NW Minnesota and of course girls had to get "dressed up" and my Dad was carefully watching me for safety. I don't look a bit scared!
And this is Ross about to enter 1st grade. I listen to travel podcasts every day on my walk and this week one was about the "wanderlust gene" and I'm pretty sure we were both born with it as from the day we met we wanted to travel the world!
Honeymoon in Hawaii and I remember we went on a sailboat cruise and I used the restroom below and the lock thing fell into the lockhole and I was too short to get it open and I thought I was doomed to be locked in a sailboat restroom but figured out I could stand on the toilet seat and deal with it. Old times for sure!
I have posted this several times but first time visiting future in-laws in Oklahoma and you gotta wear gogo boots and a patriotic hotpants set right?
He has a bit of a tricky look on his face - maybe???
Me and the two best moms in the world. Dorothy Jones on the left and my mom Hazel Schultz on the right. I learned so much from both of them.
And my forever friend from the 1960s Beth who was my bridesmaid and we still walk all the time even after all these decades. Lucy ladies!
And what would we do without the FAB6 and this month it was our turn to host and lots of stories and laughing as always - and good food and a "wee bit" of wine right? We still take turns hosting at each other's homes every 3 months.Lucy in San Francisco with her dad/our son Chris for a BOX lacrosse tournament and her team took 2nd place and there were 60 teams and about 6,000 people there. Awesome and it's a tough game with BOX - not hitting rules so she got slammed near her eyebrow with a stick - probably on purpose - but no stitches required - whew!
On my park walk this week - love the chalk signs little kids put on the walk - "Keep Going" and it did make me walk a bit faster!
And my deer friend on the path and we were not scared of each other at all.
So - back to trip planning and we now have several trips planned into Octobr 2023 with our travel buddies - Do it while you can we say!























No comments:
Post a Comment