The year is over halfway over and time flies and it's been hot and there is most definitely climate change all over the world!
We have been Guthrie Theatre subscribers for over 25 years and the last 2 years not much was happening with the crazy covid days so we are happy happy happy to be back and what else do we see but "Sweat" and how fitting for the current weather!
Guthrie theatre has something called The Endless Bridge with a balcony overlooking the Stone Arch Bridge and the Mississippi River. I forgot to take a picture but if I looked to the right side the 35W freeway bridge is often lit up and today it is 15 years since that bridge collapsed due to structural problems and it was seen on TV all over the world.Yes indeed it is the former flour mill and Minnesota had the best flour in the world right?
My niece from Portland did a road trip with her 6 year old twins and went to my hometown of Red Lake Falls and to the cemetery where her Dad - my brother - is buried as he died at 34 years old from a rare leukemia and Sara was 7 years old and hada 4 year old and 6 month old sisters.
And they visited the outhouse at the old room schoolhouse that I attended until 5th grade along with my brother Keith.
And they visited my cousin and his wife who now live on the family farm where I grew up.
We thought it was a "big house" and my grandpa and grandma lived across the driveway in the "little house". Wow what memories!
Hometown bar called forever "The Spot". Lots happened in that spot.😊
And another of course German building called the Deutschman - definitely German!
So after the surprise covid positive test after returning from Canada we are now negative whew - and never really had symptoms and we both got on the antivirals and Ross on the famous Paxlovid and me on another one as I guess I wasn't "old enough".:):)
And of course my hobby for the last couple years is still the diamond art projects - tiny little beads put in tiny slots and I call this my Travel Wall and my plan is to fill it full of famous places we have been. I'm about 3/4 done with the Taj Mahal in India!!!
And fingers crossed over and over again the Globetrotting Grannies group hopes to make up for the cancelled Paris trip coming up in October. We have an apartment for 9 nights and it does have an elevator but I'm trying to pack light!!! So can I fit that many days worth of stuff in my approximately 23 inch high rolling suitcase????? We'll see!
The one on the right is my 25" one that I always used and I usually have the smallest suitcase on all of our tours and so many people have said "I have to learn not to bring so much extra stuff" yup fer shur as a good Minnesotan would say!

















No comments:
Post a Comment