Even though we are retired and the winter blitz keeps going we somehow manage to keep busy every day! Daughter-in-law Amy and I had a little shopping/lunch date to celebrate her 12th cancer free anniversary after a brain tumor. I am celebrating going into year number 3 after ovarian cancer diagnosis. A lot of people call us the Miracle Jones Ladies!
A few friends and I from near and far and really into the Diamond Dotz things and I must say it is fun, cheap and easily passes a few minutes here and there and there is NO pressure for deadlines! I think I got a pack of 5 of this size (maybe 8x10 or so) for under $10.
And this one just arrived so it is a photo from the box from China and it doesn't have one tiny plastic dot on it yet!!! I'm into the travel dotz pictures and so far have a Paris Street Scene and one of Notre Dame before the fire hanging on a wall. This one is up next so we'll see how long it takes to finish. It brings back memories of the Globetrotting Grannies trip to Venice and the Rialto Bridge and Ross and I have also been there twice. I just heard that soon they will be charging an entrance fee and requiring reservations as the city gets too packed with people and it is doing harm. I agree!
So COVID goes on and on and on and on! We had a Japan trip scheduled for this April and we knew Japan's borders were closed to tourists but "might" open early spring! The times they are a'changin! We got an email from the tour company yesterday cancelling all Japan trips in 2022 so not happening. However the nerd travel addicts that we are wo got right on it and booked an April trip to Sicily that says "prepare for some walking on uneven ground" - we can do it!!! And the Globetrotting Grannies have been "mentioning" sometimes about another trip as we had to cancel the May 2020 trip to Paris and Normandy due to COVID and right after my chemo. This week we all were in for a 9 day trip to Paris in October so me the detail travel nerd got right on it and booked an apartment where we can see the Seine and Notre Dame. Life is Good - Make Hay While the Sun Shines - Do It While You Can! I could go on and on but enough for this week. So Japan was the 6th trip cancelled in 2 years and we have 4 trips coming up for 2022 - fingers crossed as always!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment