Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Almost Valentine's Day 2022!

 Words on the way - busy Jones life!!!!  Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and February has been quite the busy month and some COVID restrictions seem to be lifting.  So of course we have 4 trips booked for 2022 - some that were cancelled in 2021 with closed borders on a lot of countries.
So here I go - last night Mike and Janelle of the FAB6 hosted a dinner - "their turn" - as we now have 36 FAB6 dinners on the recorded in the last 13 years since I retired in 2008 - pretty darn good as say in Minnesota!  We take turns and it never fails and we are always so looking forward to the next one!
So much fun, giggles, good food and memories and "interesting" discussions such as "how long can you ride in a car on on a plane before you have to pee?" -  That can lead up to several minutes of conversation for sure.
The perfect charcuterie board and Mike designed it on a bamboo cutting board with a picture of us from last year somehow made with a laser printer - wow!
And best of all we got sent home with a gift!
We haven't been to a lot of hockey games in the last year or so but we did make it to Alex's this afternoon and they won!  He and Lucy started playing hockey when they were about 4 or 5 and it's amazing how good they are and so fun to watch but tougher to watch as the players get tougher with each other.

A couple weeks ago niece Molly and the 4 little girls popped in for a weekend visit and we went into the basement and they played Ross' organ for the first time ever and you can see the joy on their faces.  Ross was watching carefully as he said if they pulled on the knobs too hard they might come out.

And Mr. Ross and the 6 ladies!  What would I do without such a fun family - and fun friends.
We call the little one Ruby Duby and Ruby definitely has her own personality as the rest of them do.
Molly and I and the two older girls 12 and 10 visited a a huge fabric warehouse and the two little ones chose to stay home with Ross and when we returned Hazel said "Ross snored once" - we all laughed at that one and I'm thinking no duh!

Claire picked out fabric for a new Grammy Dee blanky to make and she was so excited when it was delivered to their house - sweet happy smile - I'll take that any day.  She asked me how much she had to pay me for it when we were at the fabric store and I just smiled and said "nothing - it's my gift to you"
Home designed pizza for dinner and they are very creative and busy all the time but in good ways.
And since my stash of 5 quarts of ice cream was gone when they left I found this one and texted a photo.  They can't wait to come back but it's so good I'm afraid I will need to restock.
And celebrating Ross' 79th birthday - wow - how can that be?????  
And what else but creme brulee and since we have a free loyalty card it was free for his birthday plus a $25 gift card.
And 10 years ago on his birthday we were in Israel!
And in 2004 we were in Paris in February and it was a "bit chilly" in his words but Paris is good no matter what right?????
And last week my brother Kent and wife Karen were here for another overnighter and lots of talking and catching up with the latest news.  His trabulectomy eye surgery was a success and the place he goes is actually in Bloomington less than 10 minutes from our house.

Two years ago on the Jones Birthday boys celebration I had started chemo and had NO hair at all but I could eat a good dinner.
And this week the miracle girl daughter-in-law Amy had her regular 6 month brain tumor followup visit Dr. T said she was at the 99% mark so ready for a gold medal for sure at 12 years out and only a 1% chance of recurrence.  Wow - lucky Jones families!
The black hole is where the brain tumor was found in 2010 and this is after it was removed - pretty darn big black hole right?
And this is the first picture we saw in 2010 right after it was found and before surgery - looks a little like a fried egg but it was the size of a tennis ball if I remember correctly.
So on to my detailed trip planning, journal, sorting photos and whatnot!  


No comments:

Post a Comment