Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Live Life to the Fullest!!!

Five years ago today we were on a 3 week tour of Australia/New Zealand and we made really good friends and future travel companions.  On this day we lost one of the best guys in Wellington NZ to a heart attack at age 65 - Bill.  His wife Linda has been my friend and travel companion since then and I'll never forget that night and the hours spent with Linda in the hotel - unimaginable but "stuff" happens when you least expect it.

Random memories from the trip - face to face with a wallaby and they do like popcorn!
And for the first time in my life I saw these awesomely cute blue penguins - I wish I could walk like a penguin.
And I held a snake just like I did in Bangkok in 2006 only that one was about 10 times as big and very heavy.  It was at a Red Cross Anti-Venom Snake Farm in Thailand - very interesting.

We also on this day in 2015 rode a jetboat on the Shotover River and this is how the boat got delivered.  Quite the adventure and it says it is "fast flowing, numerous rapids".

Same day - and once again as the "shorty" I got the front seat.
At the end of the day we decided on the way back to the hotel to follow this sign and since I love signs I loved the CEMETERY ROAD - NO EXIT!!
 One year ago on November 13, 2019 I got "the call" that noone wants - "it looks like ovarian cancer" and this was while son Chris had joined me for lunch and was headed back to work.  A memorable day for sure but here I am and I walked an hour in the park again today before the sleet started snapping at me.  Looks like 4-5 inches of snow tonight - oh well!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment