Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2020

2020 - Be Done!!!!

 Today is the 1st day of another state of Minnesota "semi-lockdown" for 4 weeks with indoor restaurant dining/bars closed, gyms, fitness centers, youth sports and lots of other stuff.  So daughter-in-law Amy and I decided to do our annual November lunch and holiday shopping at our favorite local store.  She made reservations at a locally restaurant 20 miles from our house, masked except when we ate, tables distanced and only about 8 tables in the restaurant with at least 8 foot high plastic shields between the tables.  It was more than awesome!  We had super service and the server was maybe in her 50s and sweetest ever.  We mentioned our team cancer story and she told us she had bladder cancer a few years ago.  I gave her a bigger bit of a holiday tip and she said her family is in the restaurant business - tough times now for sure and the 3 of us are cancer survivors in her words.  Then she brought a take home bag to us with ciabbata bread and other stuff  - complimentary.  As we were leaving she and other staff were waving and cheering us on.  Life is indeed good and we gave all of us a happy day!!!  And we did eat arugula to stay healthy😋 .  Alex and Lucy are both hockey and lacrosse players so nothing for now and distance learning - I feel sorry for the kids and families!

And at our favorite store we saw the most fun ornaments of the year!


I figured out how to mask us in a photo on my phone - now how fun is that!!!  Pretty sure I could even have my long white hair back again.
A couple days earlier on a beautiful 55 degree weather day in November in Minnesota!  Friend Beth and I did our long park walk and the long street chat after we got back to our house.  Ross says he could hear us on his new driveway security camera - he lied I'm sure.
And I kept seeing people were putting up holiday decor early so I started and it's a happy feeling in this crazy year.  Then 15 year old grandson Alex asks if he could put up our stuff when they come for Thanksgiving.  Sure - hang the rest of the ornaments, my Dickens village houses and my global collection of nativity sets!!!  And all he wants in return is apple pie for dessert.
And I found this on my walk and my friend says it's part of a rosary - that's what I thought but I'm not Catholic.


A few days ago - crazy weather for sure.  No snow right now as it all melted but we do have a record snow amount for November in Minnesota.
This was my walk on the 34 feels like 21 degree day and I came home sweating!  I'm still trying to walk 2-3 miles a day and I've lucked out with most days outside.  I will NOT do it in icy or thick snow conditions.
As we in Minnesota would say "it was a bit chilly"!!!
So my next ovarian cancer followup is November 30.  November 14 was the one year anniversary of the day I got "the call" when son Chris had just popped by for lunch and he watched me write down the notes as I was on the phone.  I almost felt worse for him than for me!  Ross was gone to a movie so I called him, left a message and he came right home.  He said he still doesn't want to go back to that theatre!!!  Of course the 3 movie a week guy is once again stuck with all the theatres closed.  I can't believe the movie theatres can survive the pandemic!
And I'm very happy the crazy political ads are over and I did not like any of the candidates so there ya go!!!  We'll see what we get in the next 4 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment