So the next big news of crappy 2020!!! Yesterday we got 7.7 inches of snow in our yard and it did set all all time record for October 20 as the last "big snow" on this date was 3" in 1916. Holy moly - but I was lucky and found this chocolate bar in a pile of other stuff so I had to try it tonight - made in Ireland and I'm still hoping our June 2021 Ireland trip will be a go but you never know!
The poor lilac bush had a heavy burden of snow and still does today and I'm hoping it will be OK. We should have knocked off the snow but you know how that goes in the middle of a snowstorm.Front porch about 5pm. I did get in my "chilly" outdoor morning walk by 10am and just as I was coming home I noticed a few white sparkles falling out of the sky. I'm thinking this could be my last day of outdoor walking until spring. There's always Mall of America about 10 minutes away and easy to do a 3-4 mile walk and the "walker" doors open at 8am. The part I won't like is wearing a mask at a brisk walk so we'll see how it goes.
And the deck and Ross just moved the grill to it's "winter" position otherwise it's around the corner on the deck and it is hooked up to a gas line so we don't need a propane tank but I sure would not be able to move it and hook it up!
And hair update and it gets a little curlier every day and also messier looking. Funny thing is I got an email from my long term hair stylist Kim (over 25 years now) just checking in with prayers and to see how I was doing so I decided to make an appointment for a "trim" next week and she says I can look like Jamie Lee Curtis so that's a good deal!
June 30, 2020 - hard to believe how much it has grown and thickened. And this is the after surgery betadine stain and the January 6 trim from Kim from longer to shorter.
She has always been one of the loveliest and kindest friends. 10 years ago when Amy was getting out of Sister Kenny and could hardly walk Kim offered to do a full makeup and haircut for free and she still asks how Amy is doing. She came over as a refugee from Vietnam as a young girl and her family came over a couple at a time and they all worked hard and supported each other and didn't look for freebies!









No comments:
Post a Comment