Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 2020 - Get COVID done!!!!

I'm still trying to get used to the new blog stuff - and new Facebook - and I'm an old person!!!
We are being blessed with awesome weather and above average temps for Minnesota!  I'll take that as I'm happy to continue my 3-4 mile daily walks.  Aftereffects of the strong chemo drug not too bad and the foot and end of finger neuropathy is just irritating so hoping someday it gets better as it's just 5 months since I finished and I have to be patient - uh huh fer shur!
So at the college about 1.4 miles from our house they now have the "grazing goats" that are cleaning up buckthorn and other nasty stuff.  A day before the goats I noticed the new white electric fence, next day the goats and no pesticides to get rid of buckthorn and bad stuff.  Apparently they are not fussy eaters.

My Team Dee Walking buddies are the best things and we can walk over an hour, never stop talking and then talk in the driveway.  This is Beth - friends since the 1960s!
Next day my FAB6 buddy Donna - talk a lot, walk a lot.  Ross:  "How can you talk that much every day?" - Easy peasy I say!
Another FAB6 Janelle and she calls me MamaDee as I am old enough to be her mom and we met at work when she started right after college in the early 1990s.
And Sparkle Head in the sunshine - definitely my white hair is back and it sure is brighty whitey!  My favorite color is red and I got my favorite red licorice and red vest from niece Molly.  For years I have had 2 twists of red licorice every night except maybe when we go out for dinner - not happening now with COVID so I never miss the twists.
And a Dee/Amy Mall of America Day - 2.4 miles shopping, walking and shakes.  I invited Ross to join if he wishes - "no way" - hmm - he is definitely not a shopper talker!
As suggested by a couple friends I "fluffed" my hair and the song "Wild Thing" pops into my head!

I feel so blessed and thankful that in 2002 we moved from our house of 31 years in Burnsville, about 6 miles south of us, to a house that is just 2 blocks from this huge safe awesome park with many walking paths and lots of walkers and bikers and not a bit of crime - knock on wood!  I marked an X/Home place on the map to see how close we are.

1.4 miles straight across the park and it's Bush Lake Beach - always super clean, awesome and in the fall certainly not crowded!
This was today October 6 and the leaves are starting to turn beautifully and I am happy to listen to travel podcasts when I walk alone so it seems like every day is a new adventure.  One of the mentions today was "Where did you have your first drinks when you were a kid?".  The moderator said it was an illegal climb to the top of a water tower in their small town.  For me it was a gravel pit with a lot of friends and we called the meetups "hootenannies".  I asked Ross - and he said since Oklahoma was a dry state until 1984 and we got married in 1972.  I thought it was pretty weird but what did I know as a Yankee marrying a guy from the Bible Belt South.
OK - back in time on this date in 2012:  Bordeaux France apartment and every time we went in the "first door" Ross had to be sure not to bang his head on the low top.  I recall we had to do 3 doors to get into our apartment.  The whole trip in that area of France was on our own in a rental car and so fun!
2013 - trip tour to China and that was to put it mildly "quite the adventure".  The news is very restricted and I saw this in the hotel newsstand in our Shanghai hotel where we were on the 14th floor.


And yes there was what they called "fog" but they our tour guide did pass out filter masks for us to wear "just in case".  Funny thing I still had mine in this COVID time.

And as I looked out of our hotel to the riverfront below I noticed the whole thing was flooding including the little snack stops and food stands with no warnings, no hotel advice, not a word on the news!
And beautiful Notre Dame on our visit in October 2017.  It was such a sad and terrible fire and I hope it can reopen soon and I watch every documentary about the slow progress which is very difficult with the wood scaffolding and very old building.
So - one more thing - last week we had free COVID-19 test site 5 minutes from our house with MN Dept of Health, Mayo, Clinic and military volunteers working.  We lucked out as got waitlisted as we waited until the night before to register but next day they had an opening.  Very easy with the nasal swab, whole thing just a few minutes and we both tested negative - whew!  The rule was if you were negative you would get a text or email and if positive not that but the MN Dept. of Health would call you for the contract tracing info also.  So Ross gets his at 3pm, I have nothing yet at bedtime and I get up in the morning and there it is on my phone.  A bit of a restless night to say the least even though I had zero symptoms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment