Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Lots of Goofy Stuff!


Catchup time - not ketchup!  Every day is amazing in this new world.  For the first time since our church went to online only we had the online at home then parking lot communion service.  Interesting as we drove up, rolled down windows and volunteers were handing out the little cups like the creamer cups at restaurants.  Time for communion you pull the top plastic off and get the "wafer" not the usual bread cube, pull the purple one off for the grape juice - Methodist so no wine!
Hair update - 18 August and time for Ross my photographer.  And yes my hair is very thick and white like before and friends are saying "that style is popular now", my family says "you look just like your mom".  All true but I want the medium long hair but must admit it sure is easy to take care off.  No haircut since January 6 and then mid January it fell out!
And thick dark eyebrows and eyelashes as before.  Irritating thing is I rub my nice legs and I feel "stubble" - dang!
So the song "Dreamin' I'm Always Dreamin'" comes to mind often and yesterday we booked a 14 day tour of Ireland leaving June 26, 2021.  Gotta have a carrot on a stick!!!
So I walked with my long long time friend Beth (since the 1960s), who was also my maid of honor at our wedding.  I know I've posted this before but this is our photo from a couple days ago and I look like I shrunk.  See next photo!
So our 3 week European Adventure in October 1971  landing in Luxembourg I have not shrunk as I look about the same.  These are the "older people" we met on the flight and the ones that were worried because we had no specific plans except Europe on $5 a Day!
1968 - yup I did ride my brother's motorcycle on the farm but it's definitely not a Harley.
Weekly local Farmer's market and this time I weighed the pile - 43.1 pounds but 31# was the cantaloupe and watermelon and yes, we do eat it all!
Chris and family said they had "a free night if we'd like dinner at our house":):):).  So I make peach jam for Alex and baguettes for them to take home but I did keep one.
I have multiple pairs of walking shoes for inside and outside as with the chemo neuropathy in my feet (much better) I wear them all the time.  Right side outside shoes, same brand, pretty worn down and I am walking 2-5 miles every day so might need to take on the newer pair soon.
And first of course the goofy family photo.
 Love the teenage grandkids!  After I did this with my remote Alex says "did you notice anything about the picture?"😍.  Up next is my August 24 followup in person with Dr. A my cancer surgeon and will have labs but sounds like no CT since I have continued improved and no new problems.  I so appreciate the prayers, calls, texts, emails and everyone checking in.  I know it's part of my healing for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment