Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

The Year 2020 is indeed memorable!!!

So what a crazy year it is but my hair is coming in thick and wonder how long before it gets "long".  People keep saying "you look just like your mom" - thank goodness I like the way my mom looked!!!
Weekly update - Ross takes photos of my head of hair once a week and I look back just a couple months and it's shiny and bald - no eyebrows or eyelashes!
I have my next followup Dr A appointment scheduled for August 24 but no CT planned as I have no new symptoms - thank goodness but as with Amy and the brain tumor now 10 years out her every 3 month MRIs were always a little stressful.  I'm trying hard not to get stressed and also I am 73 not 34 years old!!!

 Dark black bushy eyebrows and a friend says "don't pluck them" after waiting for their return.  We'll see as they are pretty darn thick and easy to see!
 My crazy brothers - I always send them hair updates and they return the favor.  This is baby brother Brian in California and he is "flying high"😁😱
 Then next brother Kent who says he is growing "mutton chops" so I had to google that because the only mutton familiar to me was mutton stew in my school growing up and apparently it's from "old sheep".  However mutton chop beard is a whole different thing!
 This is a framed huge portrait sitting in our basement for years and it's someone from Ross' family and noone seems to know who it is!  It is beautifully framed and weighs about 20 pounds I am sure!
 So our FAB6 group is getting lonesome for each other but all very careful.  We are hoping to have a deck/masked/sanitized/ happy hour tomorrow but we could get rained out and we don't want to try and drink and eat masked in the house - won't work too well I am sure.
 Beautiful Nine Mile Creek walk with an old friend and we did 3.5 miles and it was beautiful and a path I had never taken right here in Bloomingon.
 Today I walked to our church and back and it's only about a mile away.  They hope to have parking lotw get-togethers after the continuing online service in a couple weeks which would be nice and would have to be very safe.  Churches are not yet open due to all the rules and it's tough to comply.
One year ago this month we hosted my 55 year class reunion with close to 40 people at our house and I am amazed that just 4 months after that I got the ovarian cancer diagnosis with no symptoms and feeling fine.
 August 2019 - the famous FAB6 at our house.  We try very hard to keep up the quarterly meetup and take turns and it's so fun with good food and drink but better yet a fantastic support group who loves to laugh and listen to everyone.  Again I felt fine  - only complaint was "belly flab" but figured it was due to age!

No comments:

Post a Comment